News   May 21, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 617     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 478     0 

TTC Website

I use Linux and Firefox and have major issues with the current TTC site. It shows up looking like a website a "web developer" made in their basement... seriously outdated crap. There must be a plug-in not working that prevents me from seeing the real site.

I use Linux and Firefox and have major issues with the current TTC site. It shows up looking like a website a "web developer" made in their basement... seriously outdated crap. There must be a plug-in not working that prevents me from seeing the real site.

Nope, same crap in windows :rolleyes:

It seems that there is a little bit of confusion out there regarding TTC's website redesign. Remember that myTTC.ca is not going to be the official TTC's website in any way. It is a private effort, and as that article outlines, is not receiving cooperation from the TTC. The TTC is however apparently in the process of redesigning their offical website, and if I'm not mistaken, that is what this thread is about. So before we turn it into a dedicated myTTC.ca thread, does anyone have any info on what is happening with TTC.ca???

LOL hey guys! I just looked at the TTC newswire immediately after my last post and this is what just showed up for today, check it out!!

Jun 04, 2008 12:44 ET
Media Advisory: TTC Previews New Website

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 4, 2008) - The TTC is developing a new website. The media is invited to get a sneak preview tomorrow afternoon, Thursday, June 5 at 2:30 p.m., at Toronto City Hall. TTC Chair Adam Giambrone and Chief Marketing Officer Alice Smith will make a presentation and be available to answer any questions.

The current TTC website was developed in 1998, and no significant changes have been made since its inception, so a makeover is required. The new website is not finished as yet, but the preview version will give you an idea of what to expect when the full site is launched.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=864747

Speak of the devil! hoho~

No offense to the commission, but that was an anti-climatic click.

It's light years better in terms of design, but it didn't wow me...

wait a minute...

I really like what they did with the schedules page. Much more user friendly. The only thing more I could ask for is a travel time chart for each route.

That's exactly what happened when I looked at it too.. then saw schedule pages, which I liked, and the subway station pages, which i loved, because it looks like it becomes a hub, showing direct links to all the connecting routes and extended information like escalators

Back