936     3 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 918     0 

TTC Website

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Is it me, or is the TTC website dead? Nothing comes up. I haven't been on it for a week or so until I tried tonight.

Odd - it hangs forever, and I have to kill manually. Tried rebooting, etc. Just been surfing around for the last hour, every other site I was on is fine.

Windows Vista SP1 and IE7. Anyone else?

Though I can it works from a shell account using lynx.

Yeah that works - and the pages off there seem to work, but as soon as I go to the home page it freezes. Sometimes I get a thing noting that that I have to approve Java running or not. I've tried doing both, but end result is the same.

I've got a pretty vanilla set-up on this computer - I can't imagine I'm the only who is having a problem.

Is this something new on their page?

Agreed, although I am looking forward to what myttc.ca will be like.
That reminds me: anyone know when this site's set to launch? I've really been looking forward to it, but the only mention of it on here says it'll be ready for launch "within the next few weeks". The message was posted in early April. Anyone know if there's a concrete launch date?

On the topic of the TTC website, I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.14 in Vista Home Premium, and I'm having no trouble with the homepage or any part of the site freezing.

The website freezes my browser too (Firefox), but usually only for a few seconds. Once in a while though I have to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to kill the process.

There's your problem. Try using a real browser
Surely the TTC's website should at a minimum run on the most common browser under the current version of Windows (the most common OS). I hate Microshit as much as the next person, but surely the website should be designed for maximum accessibility and to not to perpetuate a war of words about software companies. I provided my software information in order to find a pattern of who it isn't working for - not to attract comment from the peanut gallery.

Surely the TTC's website should at a minimum run on the most common browser under the current version of Windows (the most common OS). I hate Microshit as much as the next person, but surely the website should be designed for maximum accessibility and to not to perpetuate a war of words about software companies. I provided my software information in order to find a pattern of who it isn't working for - not to attract comment from the peanut gallery.

Surely the smiley indicated that I was joking. No matter. I've always found the TTC website to be a pain, no matter the browser I was using.

Back