News   Jul 12, 2024
 123     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 431     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.4K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I believe the 30 does make service standards on High Park Blvd. during the daytime. Why eliminate a route that people are taking and tell them to walk further? The 26 Dupont isn't a good service to reach line 2.

If you are close to Annette you are also very close to Dundas...which has a good connection to the subway (other than my aforementioned delays at Keele). The entire street between Dundas & Bloor is 1.4km long and 400m away from Keele.

Even if it does meet service standards...there are plenty of transit deserts in this city that could far more use these buses than the people along this street who are avoiding a whopping 400m walk (and most of the density is within a couple of hundred meters of the subway station)

My house is 400m away from a transit stop...can they add a bus loop for me??? :D

So $1.07B for a second Line 2 platform?
3ACE9DD6-5E36-4E01-84C5-F7C9D6AC97C2.jpeg

CA879BB6-E662-44C2-840E-5A0BEFED778E.jpeg

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...TTC_Capital_Investment_Plan_Supplementary.pdf

Given limited funding and we can only pick one, which option will produce more relief/capacity - expanding B/Y or directing the money to Relief Line construction?

Yes, but at least there is a recognition of reality - e.g. capacity improvement on rest of Line 1 is dependent on how well this station operates. That's a far cry from the previous - "ATC will solve *everything*"
So I’m probably getting too excited for the triple escalators in the second image.

Given limited funding and we can only pick one, which option will produce more relief/capacity - expanding B/Y or directing the money to Relief Line construction?
The Relief Line is "the One that binds them all" albeit built as a Metrolinx Metro up to York Region and looping through downtown Toronto and up the Georgetown corridor to serve as 'Rapid Rail' in lieu of the 'RER whatever name it is now'.It would then receive funding from both intended streams, and stone many birds with one kill.

Yes, but at least there is a recognition of reality - e.g. capacity improvement on rest of Line 1 is dependent on how well this station operates. That's a far cry from the previous - "ATC will solve *everything*"

In fairness to the TTC, they've long known that this was going to be a problem - like, since the early 1980s - and that there needed to be some sort of solution.

They just didn't tell the politicians because they were afraid of giving them too much info at the same time, and making a huge project look even bigger.

There are a LOT of projects that tie-in to the ATC/ATO project that don't necessarily look to be related but absolutely are. Power upgrades. More upgrades to other stations. More equipment. Bigger yards. Improved ventilation. The list goes on and on.

Dan

I would love to see the plans in detail.

AoD

Knowing the footprint involved; my only thought here other than "Its about time" is that the TTC project would be cheaper if the Hudson's Bay Centre were demolished (at private sector expense), the TTC did its thing, and the developer built new on top.

Given that most of us can agree that Hudson's Bay Centre is a negative contributor to architecture, the public realm and the retail environment, it would be a wonderful one-two combo to get its redevelopment in w/the station's.

No mention of investing in platform doors.

PEDs are in the capital plan, fully costed, but not funded.

They do have an asterisk beside the item noting they want them wherever possible, suggesting some stations may have 'issues'.

I full expect them to be a part of the Y/B project.

Knowing the footprint involved; my only thought here other than "Its about time" is that the TTC project would be cheaper if the Hudson's Bay Centre were demolished (at private sector expense), the TTC did its thing, and the developer built new on top.

Given that most of us can agree that Hudson's Bay Centre is a negative contributor to architecture, the public realm and the retail environment, it would be a wonderful one-two combo to get its redevelopment in w/the station's.
I was looking for some type of drawings showing the constraints around Y-B, but couldn't find anything.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6706415,-79.3863819,272m/data=!3m1!1e3
Are the towers in the way or only the shopping centre portion?
If this property is already 50 years old, then maybe it's not that valuable. A land swap could be considered - give up this property and get something on the DRL. When this was built it was imagined that Downtown would move north from Queen to Bloor, but instead it has moved south - maybe more incentive to abandon this..

Back