News   Jul 12, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 588     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

A double-ended streetcar going into Keele Station would be better.

Amazing that that gasoline station at Keele & Bloor is still there and hasn't been redeveloped by now. Could be incorporated into a new larger streetcar and bus transfer platform. Maybe with a condo above it. Then both the 506 CARLTON streetcar and 189 STOCKYARD bus can properly terminate at KEELE STATION.
What's the 189 Stockyard route? Never heard of this before.

What's the 189 Stockyard route? Never heard of this before.

See the below diagram

IMG_0353.PNG

The proposed 30 HIGH PARK bus should be extended west and replace the 55 WARREN PARK on-street looping off Old Dundas Street to Underwood Avenue.

Wouldn't the KEELE STATION get a bit crowded with all those buses entering there? 989, 941, 189, 89, and 41? Or will the 189 STOCKYARDS bus bypass KEELE STATION completely with just on-street transfers (have your PRESTO card available to handle the transfer), before terminating at the HIGH PARK STATION?
You forgot the Queensway bus.

As it stands today, even before the 900's came into service, 89 and 41 had issues trying to get in to off load. You have 3 bays on both sides to load/ off load with a tight 4th for off loading. You would have to relocate the Queensway bus to the south side for better off loading, but still a tight fit to get a 4th one in there.

Traffic has a huge impact how buses arrived at Keele to the point you have 3 buses off loading and more out on the street waiting to get in.

Buses do layover there as well.

The subway platforms could really use some windows. Look at Victoria Park, after they put the windows in the Platform level is much more inviting. A little natural light goes a long way to freshening up a space.

Or a skylight/glass roof.

It really is a bunker of a station considering it has some nice views, if you could see them.

If anything fortunately while many TTC stations have seen better days, the general level of upkeep across the board isn't too bad . . . that being said some improved lighting would go a long way, also IIRC they are replacing the Next Train Screens (the Pattison ones) with a more modern rendition like on the TYSSE which will help a lot. . . .

The standard platform level light fixtures are unappealing.

They really could do better, I think an uplighting design would be cleaner looking and brighter.

They also really have to address decaying slatted ceilings in many parts of many stations.

You forgot the Queensway bus.

As it stands today, even before the 900's came into service, 89 and 41 had issues trying to get in to off load. You have 3 bays on both sides to load/ off load with a tight 4th for off loading. You would have to relocate the Queensway bus to the south side for better off loading, but still a tight fit to get a 4th one in there.

Traffic has a huge impact how buses arrived at Keele to the point you have 3 buses off loading and more out on the street waiting to get in.

Buses do layover there as well.

They really are gonna have to reconfigure Keele Station, I agree Drum, but don't know in what way they'd be able to do that. Maybe TTC should reroute QUEENSWAY 80 bus to High Park Station, therefore leaving room for the 189 STOCKYARDS bus to terminate at Keele Station, so it doesn't have to duck over to High Park Station.

See the Junction Area Study, at this link.

The proposed 30 HIGH PARK bus and the existing 55 WARREN PARK bus should be combined into one route, between HIGH PARK STATION and Warren Park on-street loop.

From link.

Why would we subjugate Warren Park residents to slogging through the Junction? Even the portion that the High Park bus will run will will add 15 min+ to a one-way bus to the subway compared going to Jane.

Another reason why the 55 bus runs along Jane is that quite a few 35 buses are full and it add some capacity to people getting on south of Dundas.

Why would we subjugate Warren Park residents to slogging through the Junction? Even the portion that the High Park bus will run will will add 15 min+ to a one-way bus to the subway compared going to Jane.

Another reason why the 55 bus runs along Jane is that quite a few 35 buses are full and it add some capacity to people getting on south of Dundas.

Both the 30 HIGH PARK and 189 STOCKYARDs buses will have 20 minute headways. The 55 WARREN PARK bus currently has 30 minute headways in the non-rush hours (10 minute during rush hours), see link. So the combination should be no problem. Of course schedules will always be subject to change, depending upon ridership.

There still is the 26 DUPONT bus, that turns off Annette Street. It was renumbered from the 4 ANNETTE bus, to make the "4" available for 4 SHEPPARD subway line. Before the fare zones were eliminated, people would walk down to catch the 4 ANNETTE bus to JANE STATION (or ST. GEORGE STATION), to avoid paying the zone 2 fare on the 35 JANE bus.

I would agree that lighting is something that really helps, a bright environment instantly makes things look newer even if it shows the messy condition of stations more.

Not necessarily. Sherbourne is a prime example where in they replaced the 1960s lighting with LEDs. It did not help.. it just showed how ugly the station really is.

Both the 30 HIGH PARK and 189 STOCKYARDs buses will have 20 minute headways. The 55 WARREN PARK bus currently has 30 minute headways in the non-rush hours (10 minute during rush hours), see link. So the combination should be no problem. Of course schedules will always be subject to change, depending upon ridership.

There still is the 26 DUPONT bus, that turns off Annette Street. It was renumbered from the 4 ANNETTE bus, to make the "4" available for 4 SHEPPARD subway line. Before the fare zones were eliminated, people would walk down to catch the 4 ANNETTE bus to JANE STATION (or ST. GEORGE STATION), to avoid paying the zone 2 fare on the 35 JANE bus.

I wonder what percentage of people living in Toronto now were actually here prior to zones?

The more I think about the proposed changes why did they keep 30 High Park? It's only 400m from High Park to Keele. And the street is 1.4km from Annette to Bloor. Also no major hills that would create an impediment. And the apartments are all within 500m of High Park Station.

Other than diverting people from 40 I don't see a point.

I wonder what percentage of people living in Toronto now were actually here prior to zones?

The more I think about the proposed changes why did they keep 30 High Park? It's only 400m from High Park to Keele. And the street is 1.4km from Annette to Bloor. Also no major hills that would create an impediment. And the apartments are all within 500m of High Park Station.

The 30 HIGH PARK will be very useless now considering the length. I personally think that if we cannot get the 189 STOCKYARDS bus route to terminate at Keele Station, then it will terminate at High Park Station, go up High Park Blvd, Dundas St and Runnymede, then across St. Clair to Gunns Loop. Then have the 79B rerouted to the areas 189 was supposed to serve west of Runnymede.

I believe the 30 does make service standards on High Park Blvd. during the daytime. Why eliminate a route that people are taking and tell them to walk further? The 26 Dupont isn't a good service to reach line 2.

Report in The Star tonight concerning the TTC Budget which will be released tomorrow with the Agenda for next weeks' meeting of the Commission.

Key item is a .10c increase in adult fares (multiple fare), no change to cash fare, no work on monthly price passes.

Also 33B over 10 years is the capital need, 11B currently has funding.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...10-cent-fare-increase-in-its-2019-budget.html

Back