News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 415     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Once the hop on-hop off transfer is in effect, PRESTO card customers should tap their card each time they enter a subway station and whenever they board a bus or streetcar, regardless of whether it's in a station or on the street. Tapping validates the transfer or monthly pass on the card.

And how is that going to work, when we don't currently have fare gates between the bus terminals and the subway?

And how is that going to work, when we don't currently have fare gates between the bus terminals and the subway?
You're suppose to tap on if you're going from the subway to bus, but you don't have to when going from bus to subway.
And what about pass back.
Pass back isn't even the biggest problem, the new fare gates allow for people to walk through as large groups as long as they're walking close enough or someone on the other side holds the gate for them. Enforcement and supervision is required, but that's unlikely due to salary costs.

They also kind of "recommend" this:
site: "https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/FAQ.jsp" said:
How do I access the new fare gates with a small child?
Place your small child or children in front of you. Then tap your PRESTO card on the reader. When the gates open your child or children should walk through first and you walk through immediately behind.

Last edited:
Keep the BD voice as is, just get rid of the redundant comments on the TRs, and lower the volume.

I think the TR's can't be a real voice, they have to be a computer. As in, I don't think the system works with sound files, just text to speech synthesis.

But yeah, sometimes they are set SO LOUD. Deaf employee at the controls for sure.

More to the point.. when a bus platform/bay is crushloaded the dwell times will be lengthy while everyone taps on. Imagine.. if you have situation where the subway is out and shuttles are running. Having a mob of people tap onto a shuttle bus will be a disaster and not having them eligible for a two hour transfer will cause problems.

Back