News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 454     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Dont worry, there will be countless studies on this matter, which will then be sent to city council for further direction. Council will then refer the matter back to city staff to further study this issue, then city staff will come up with a revised list of proposals. Once this list of proposals is sent back to city council for voting, they will vote to defer the matter altogether until "funds become available".

This is how this city works and it's shamefully embarrassing. Just by comparison; London, England (a city we love to compare ourselves with since they are world-class) managed to propose and install physical barriers on many of their bridges in less than 60 days. In this city, even for something as simple as physical barriers to prevent incidents like this, it would take countless months (if we were lucky) to get anything like that installed.
For the record, is that true? Can a senior city manager not decide to take action and do something?

For the record, is that true? Can a senior city manager not decide to take action and do something?
The ultimate implementation of any *major* initiative from a city manager's is generally speaking, at the mercy of city council. I'm not aware of the exact percentage of projects that must go forward to council for approval, but most major projects either get approved at council or at committee/board meetings.

In this case, i'm pretty sure it would subject to the approval of the TTC board but the case would have to be made for increase preventative measures at the QQE portal. However if this ended up being a project that was larger in scope and involved at larger portion of the ROW, the transportation department may be involved and that's where things get muddy. The more departments that are involved, the greater the likelihood the matter gets sent to council for review.

20180312_062854.jpg
I just posted this on the TransitToronto instagram account. It gives you a sense of how the Spadina extension will look in around 15 years.

Attachments

• 20180312_062854.jpg
    20180312_062854.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 394
What would the TTC look like if every subway station downtown had an underground streetcar platform(s)? Would the streetcars be even more used and the portals required in the middle of the street will increase the Queen Quay type incidents infinitely?

Lack of money or manpower?
Is there anywhere I can find all the old maps that were on the website? I understand them removing them all from the website due to not being up to date, but wouldn't it "make the TTC more accessible to everyone" if we could see the layout of the station to plan ahead (or to study it in depth obsessively)?

Is there anywhere I can find all the old maps that were on the website? I understand them removing them all from the website due to not being up to date, but wouldn't it "make the TTC more accessible to everyone" if we could see the layout of the station to plan ahead (or to study it in depth obsessively)?
Have you looked at the archived TTC websites at http://web.archive.org/ They do not archive all pages each time so you will need to try various "snap-shots"

Back