News   May 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 623     0 

TTC: New Fare Gate Installation

Work has also started on the secondary entrance at McCowan station as well.
30742382474_86894fd6da_z_d.jpg

I wonder when they will put them in at Scarborough town centre will get them as it will soon be the only station on the line with out new fare gates.

PRESTO card ‏@PRESTOcard 22h22 hours ago
Ellesmere station is the latest @TTCnotices Line 3 station to become PRESTO enabled!

Actually that would be Lawrence East

Wow--only Leslie, Chester, and Woodbine to go with the faregates, plus the temporary reader at Coxwell. Almost there! Looks like we're going to make December 31st. Leslie and Chester should probably be up any day now.

And this makes every Line 1 and Line 3 station Presto-enabled!

I wouldn't have bothered to put the new fare gates in at stations like McCowan and Ellesmere, just putting the presto readers on the existing gates is fine.

I wouldn't have bothered to put the new fare gates in at stations like McCowan and Ellesmere, just putting the presto readers on the existing gates is fine.

That would have been quite a waste of time and money as the TTC is eliminating all turnstiles system-wide next year and replacing them with faregates (for accessibility, tap-out functionality, direction control, making some exit-only locations also allow entrance, etc.)

That would have been quite a waste of time and money as the TTC is eliminating all turnstiles system-wide next year and replacing them with faregates (for accessibility, tap-out functionality, direction control, making some exit-only locations also allow entrance, etc.)

I know just those two stations are a relatively small part of the new fare gate project, but they have low ridership and won't be made accessible, they could get by with the existing gates, and be maintained with parts from all the other gates that were removed, until those stations are shut down.

The fare gates themselves could just be removed and installed somewhere else. It's just the work they loose when they demolish the station. Considering they are converting for presto, need the capability to tap out in the future and won't be maintaining the parts for the old turnstile, fare gates would have to be install on every station and at all entrances.

There has been a fare collector sitting at the Eglinton "automated" entrance since the gate installation began and continues to sit there to allow people without Presto to enter. Seems like a high expense. How long is this gonna last?

There has been a fare collector sitting at the Eglinton "automated" entrance since the gate installation began and continues to sit there to allow people without Presto to enter. Seems like a high expense. How long is this gonna last?
Probably until the fare gates are complete at that entrance.

Back