News   Sep 04, 2024
 501     1 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 372     1 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 401     0 

TTC: Major Operational Issues (Various)

Emailed again and got a response from Councilor Dianne Saxe's office saying:

The TTC is at a flux point with the resignation of Rick Leary and the hunt for its next leader, so I look forward to continued correspondence and advocacy as the City discerns how to restore and strengthen the public transit system.

I will be sure to follow up with you tomorrow

Let me know when you've done the northbound trip.

The southbound speed restriction was lifted a couple months ago. The northbound restriction has been in place for months and is probably the worst restriction in place on the line, trains don't even get up to 10km/h. It's more closer to 5km/h.
I do northbound / southbound weekly through this area. Bloor to Rosedale is not maddening, I'm sure there are far worse sections out there.

I do northbound / southbound weekly through this area. Bloor to Rosedale is not maddening, I'm sure there are far worse sections out there.
Bloor-Rosedale northbound is definitely one of the slower ones, but at least it's a short distance outside (unlike the tunnels around St. Clair West) and with how Aylmer/Rosedale Valley backs up you're not getting whizzed past like the slow zones on the Allen. That said, Bloor-Rosedale is certainly one of the worst problem spots in the system and (it at least feels like) it's been reduced speed more often than not in at least one direction over the last decade plus.

Thank you,

I acknowledge your frustration, and join in your desire for service to be returned to normal speed as quickly as possible.

I understand from the TTC that the repairs are being conducted as quickly as they can be done. A great deal of essential maintenance was deferred during Covid, so the process of catching up is rather painful. But a derailment would be much worse.

Best wishes

--
Dr. Dianne Saxe, Councillor, University Rosedale

Feel like it could certainly be conducted much quicker.

Back