News   Sep 11, 2024
 408     0 
News   Sep 11, 2024
 407     0 
News   Sep 11, 2024
 535     0 

TTC: Major Operational Issues (Various)

And, as an aide, those bibs look SHOCKINGLY dumb, tied with those dumb ass half baseball caps that fast food workers wear as the most appalling work attire I have ever seen.

I would be less appalled if they were in their pyjamas! Perhaps once upon a time, uniforms were meant to encourage people to look nice, but these days the design for them seems to call for someone who looks like a member of the unwashed masses, lest they feel intimidated by the sight of someone who has access to a mirror.

The speed reduction zones (and their impact/frustration levels) have to go in concert with the other pretty constant level of "mechanical issues", "service adjustments", "emergency on train" - which means that I find it is very rare I get on my daily train ride and do not have a series of delays getting to my destination. I would add in that a number of stations have ongoing constructions projects, which is great in the sense that it is investment, but as they are all happening concurrently and without a sense as to the progress makes it seem like the place is falling apart. I get on at Lawrence - the south entrance is under construction for accessibility improvements and is closed for over a year - therefore everyone is funneled to the north entrance - but out of 4 turnstiles: 1 is no tap, and it is very rare for all 3 of the others to be working (so queues form to get in/out). At Queen where I get off, there is some kind of construction at my exit into the Bay that funnels everyone (and it is a pretty busy stop) into one stair well. TTC people with vests on mill about aimlessly throughout.

sorry for the rant.

On today's update, we can see the past 2 weeks of various early subway closures between Eglinton and College have had absolutely 0 effect/improvement on the slow order situation.

On a positive update for all those (including myself) who thought Line 4 was finally in the clear, you're wrong. We can see the TTC has gone ahead and added in another one between Leslie and Don Mills.

It seems like we're in month 4 of speed restricted areas along Bloor-Yonge to Rosedale stations, and from Dupont to Sheppard West stations. This organization has no shame in itself whatsoever.

Sep 9, 2024

1725918503314.png

On today's update, we can see the past 2 weeks of various early subway closures between Eglinton and College have had absolutely 0 effect/improvement on the slow order situation.

On a positive update for all those (including myself) who thought Line 4 was finally in the clear, you're wrong. We can see the TTC has gone ahead and added in another one between Leslie and Don Mills.

It seems like we're in month 4 of speed restricted areas along Bloor-Yonge to Rosedale stations, and from Dupont to Sheppard West stations. This organization has no shame in itself whatsoever.

Sep 9, 2024

View attachment 595047
Its not even the older areas like union to eglinton only. How is the sheppard line so bad too? its just over 20 years old. HOW

Lack of maintenance and neglect. That is the TTC in a nutshell.

Its not even the older areas like union to eglinton only. How is the sheppard line so bad too? its just over 20 years old. HOW
Rails are a consumable. They have a lifespan, and that lifespan is dictated by a variety of factors such as axle weight, number of axles, equipment performance, curvature, gradient, acceleration/deceleration, ambient conditions, etc.

Depending on where it is located, the lifespan of a length of rail in the subway can be as low as 10 years. And on the mainline, it never gets to 30.

Dan

Back