News   Aug 27, 2024
 85     0 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 582     0 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 465     0 

TTC: Major Operational Issues (Various)

It would almost be better to shut this section down for a few weeks to do 24 hour work rather than have months of slow zones. The main problem is this might not be possible as it would cut the rest of the line off from the Wilson yards.

I'm sure they could make due with Davisville and storage tracks on the Yonge side.

They could also probably do single track operation if they REALLY wanted to. One time I was going southbound at St Clair and there was a medical emergency at Rosedale. Our train ended up moving over to the northbound tracks and went down to Bloor "the wrong way".

I'm sure they could make due with Davisville and storage tracks on the Yonge side.

They could also probably do single track operation if they REALLY wanted to. One time I was going southbound at St Clair and there was a medical emergency at Rosedale. Our train ended up moving over to the northbound tracks and went down to Bloor "the wrong way".
Have you seen how big Wilson yard is? Why would the extremely small Davisville and the small handful of storage tracks on the Yonge side suffice as a replacement?

And how do you do maintenance if a train breaks down? If you can't get to Wilson, where do you park it?

Have you seen how big Wilson yard is? Why would the extremely small Davisville and the small handful of storage tracks on the Yonge side suffice as a replacement?

And how do you do maintenance if a train breaks down? If you can't get to Wilson, where do you park it?
Tail tracks I would imagine, or Davisville. How many trains break down in a day do we need to store somewhere?

There is also nothing stopping them from returning to wilson if they work on one side of the track at a time.

There is also nothing stopping them from returning to wilson if they work on one side of the track at a time.
Except for the fact that if they are working on the cut-and-cover tunnels that the power needs to be shut off on both tracks.

Dan

Davisville Yard doesn't realistically have the capacity to serve Line 1 if everywhere north of St. George is closed for work and Wilson Yard is cut off. Maybe such a closure could be feasible once the storage facility on the Yonge North extension comes online—I'm sure at this rate we'll still have plenty of slow orders then!

Back