News   Jul 16, 2024
 671     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Initially TTC has stated they won't advertise inside the car. They done it with the wrapped cars.
everyone of the ones that have or had ad wraps in them also had advertising on every available space inside even on the ceilings of them. I relly don't see why they don't want to sell ad space on the inside of them. They just seem to white on the inside and need something to make it less plain.

everyone of the ones that have or had ad wraps in them also had advertising on every available space inside even on the ceilings of them. I relly don't see why they don't want to sell ad space on the inside of them. They just seem to white on the inside and need something to make it less plain.
TTC thought the cars look better if they wasn't stuff with ads. I'm not a big fan with the all-white interior. Maybe they should have chosen a professional designer like Brussels did: http://www.yellowwindow.com/en/work/awards/tram-for-brussels-1/2

TTC thought the cars look better if they wasn't stuff with ads. I'm not a big fan with the all-white interior. Maybe they should have chosen a professional designer like Brussels did: http://www.yellowwindow.com/en/work/awards/tram-for-brussels-1/2
Unfortunately I think they would be torn to pieces by people all the time here. The TTC went with the fabric that they use now on everything because it's cheap it looks nice and can be replaced easily when it needs to be. Plus the Brussels one just seems to much like a lawyer's office then a streetcar to me.

Nov 27
30461011174_f4d4183cd9_h.jpg

Woman on the streetcar platform is probably cheesed off at the time of the picture.

Woman on the streetcar platform is probably cheesed off at the time of the picture.
She was waiting to cross the street, as there was an CLRV 4141 right in front of the car. The CLRV allow me to get the photos since I was shooting with the non cannon camera with a 2 second delay between shots. One reason I caught up to 4402 after I visit the sales office after shooting the car to do the video.

The problem is plain white gets messy. Especially when people starts spilling coffee and whatever food they bring along. A tone of grey would be more ideal.

And sorry faux velvet ages badly - just look at the condition of the T1 seats. Stainless steel anytime - cold, sterile, easy to clean and uber damage resistant.

AoD

Byford says that Bombardier is on track to deliver 30 streetcars by the end of the year.
4030 is supposed to be ship about Dec 15 with 4428 by this weekend, 4429 late next week and subject to change.

It will be in CP hands as to final delivery date, but TTC could have all 30 come Christmas.

I am surprised and delighted that BBD look set to meet the 30 target, but I hope momentum is maintained and that there isn't a lull again once the deadline has passed. If the pace has picked up then discussions about the 60 car option and the attaining of the MTBF target will get a lot more real, not to mention being ready for panto only cars!

Back