News   Jul 16, 2024
 650     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 650
If you think we will see those 30 you're off your rocker.
They always do a mad rush at the end of the year. Not just transportation, also the aerospace department too. 2 more delivered in December is very reasonable. A third one in the last week and they'll make 30. The end of the year is always the busiest time for them.

How many schedules has Bombardier given the TTC and failed to meet? 5? 10? 15?
They have failed many times but their recent performance has been meeting their current targets. 2 is delivered this month as planned. Even if they don't make 30, they'll make 29 with the 30th one in early January. TTC has been doing a lot of training lately as the streetcars has been rolling in steadily.

This in the TTC CEO's monthly report does not show the TTC has much confidence in BBD!

"Purchase of Streetcars: $108.3 million under
Staffs are working with Bombardier to address the issues and delays surrounding the LRV order. Based on Bombardier's proposed schedule of April 25, 2016, the number of cars for 2016 were reduced from 50 to 16 compared to last year's approved budget. The cash flows and projections for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect what is currently known based on Bombardier’s revised, unsubstantiated delivery schedule and other projected expenditures."

They always do a mad rush at the end of the year. Not just transportation, also the aerospace department too. 2 more delivered in December is very reasonable. A third one in the last week and they'll make 30. The end of the year is always the busiest time for them.

That's interesting. Why at the end of the year? Is this an industry-wide phenomenon or is it related to Bombardier alone? It seems strange; you'd think that a steady pace throughout the year would be more efficient, more logical.

pstogios states "I just care to have what I damn well paid for actually delivered."

This whole routine of "I'm a Taxpayer and therefore I demand this and I demand that" is getting tiresome. This isn't a book you ordered from Amazon, this is a complicated deal involving complicated technology and things don't always go the way we may want them to. Oh well, patience is something you'll eventually learn.

pstogios states "I just care to have what I damn well paid for actually delivered."

This whole routine of "I'm a Taxpayer and therefore I demand this and I demand that" is getting tiresome. This isn't a book you ordered from Amazon, this is a complicated deal involving complicated technology and things don't always go the way we may want them to. Oh well, patience is something you'll eventually learn.
Though I agree pstogious can sometimes be unreasonable, in this case he is surely stating the obvious. BBD bid on a contract with TTC and agreed to a delivery schedule that they have not only not been able to stick to and they have actually REPEATEDLY failed to meet ever-longer targets. This problem of meeting targets is not only with the TTC (nor only with streetcars) and it has SERIOUSLY damaged their reputation, I doubt if they will be the 'default bidder' in any future contracts in Ontario.

That's interesting. Why at the end of the year? Is this an industry-wide phenomenon or is it related to Bombardier alone? It seems strange; you'd think that a steady pace throughout the year would be more efficient, more logical.
Ideally yes but if a company is behind and they have a commitment to deliver a certain amount in that year, they'll do their best to meet that. Anything deliveries that year would be written down in that year's budget.

Though I agree pstogious can sometimes be unreasonable, in this case he is surely stating the obvious. BBD bid on a contract with TTC and agreed to a delivery schedule that they have not only not been able to stick to and they have actually REPEATEDLY failed to meet ever-longer targets. This problem of meeting targets is not only with the TTC (nor only with streetcars) and it has SERIOUSLY damaged their reputation, I doubt if they will be the 'default bidder' in any future contracts in Ontario.

And I agree with you completely. Management at Bombardier has made their bed and now they'll have to sleep in it. This bungled TTC streetcar deal will cost Bombardier future deals, at least in Ontario. Of course Bombardier is a transnational corporation. They recently signed a deal with SNCF in France. Maybe North America just isn't that important for Bombardier.

As far as pstogios is concerned, he has these little temper tantrums in which he stamps his little taxpayer feet and demands instant gratification. This adds nothing of value to the discussion and it is tiresome.

Ideally yes but if a company is behind and they have a commitment to deliver a certain amount in that year, they'll do their best to meet that. Anything deliveries that year would be written down in that year's budget.

Okay, now I understand. This is more of a "budget rush" than a "Christmas rush". ;) Well, hopefully Bombardier will make the thirty deliveries by year end.

I doubt if they will be the 'default bidder' in any future contracts in Ontario.

With the exception of the passenger rolling stock for GO, they haven't been the "default bidder" on anything since the early 1990s, and possibly earlier.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back