News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 438     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Just saw 4409 on Spadina. Wasn't quite in a good position to bet a photo, but it's looking quite new and shiny. I bet it even has that new (street)car smell ;)

We actually have 5 new streetcars in service today. Shocking really. After the Pan Am's TTC decided to pull many of them out of service for their black hole of training.

When 4407 comes back could we hope to see 6 in service once again? (gasp)

We actually have 5 new streetcars in service today. Shocking really. After the Pan Am's TTC decided to pull many of them out of service for their black hole of training.
That's a good way to put it. I worry that they're training drivers too early. The streetcars are arriving so slowly and they've already had so much training time, drivers will forget one they're doing before they actually get to drive one.

I wonder if the TTC is maintaining two completely separate pools or drivers, or are they mixing and matching?

So, where is 4410? 4409 arrived on 23 July, and if Bombardier has any hope of getting to four a month it will need to show up soon.

I believe the last schedule expectations we saw had in 1 in August, 2 in September, 4 in October., 4 in November, 4 in December, for 23 by year end. And that was shipment not delivery or acceptance.

Ramping up is always a month away ...

We hear about all these delays but what is holding them back exactly?

They've been silent about it.

First was the strike - which was resolved
Then it was manpower - which was resolved
Then it was issues with the parts - which was resolved

Now- who knows.

I was on 4409 today .. noticed as it was rolling in it had several scuff marks along the bumper and the sides.

So, where is 4410? 4409 arrived on 23 July, and if Bombardier has any hope of getting to four a month it will need to show up soon.
Will show up between Aug 23 and 28.

Having 30 cars here by Dec 24 is a dream considering one of them will be 4401, since most of it has been built already. 4402 will be back in in 2016 once it gets ship or will become the RFP model that other bidders will base their bids on, more like not to.

As for 4409, people expect these cars to be clean of mark based how people drive in this city or in the yards is not like a car.

Seen a few CLRV that have been repainted with nice marks on them haft way up the car to cuts in them.

And that 5 cars in service we saw yesterday? Yeah they're back to nonsensical levels, only 3 are out right now. What the hell is TTC doing with this training schedule?

I actually question whether training is actually happening. We have no proof.

They've been silent about it.

First was the strike - which was resolved
Then it was manpower - which was resolved
Then it was issues with the parts - which was resolved

Now- who knows.

Bombardier really need to focus on their rail division instead of trying to spin it off to fund their C-Series sinkhole. Quite frankly though, after this order is complete the company should be barred from bidding in the next decade to teach them a tangible lesson.

AoD

Last edited:

Back