News   Jul 15, 2024
 363     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 500     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

The TTC could have ordered 54m long trams.

Better still Budapest Hungary Transit (BKV Siemens Combino Supra NF12B Tram 2004) that is 59m long for a 7 section car
8267558064_ac516bd607_b.jpg

I really don't like the Zum. Too much going on with the design. Looks more like a billboard than a bus to me

The clean, modern, minimalistic design of our new streetcars is the way to go. I hope the TTC adopts this new livery across the entire surface fleet. This can be the next generation of TTC livery.

For me, the current colours seem merely like an adaptation of the CLRV colours, so it's not quite the leap in style I was looking for. Zum is clean and modern. It doesn't have to be bland to look like a bus or streetcar.

Any chances that the new Flexity Outlook will or will not take part in the Beaches Easter Parade, Sunday, March 31, 2013?
None I'd think. The vehicle still belongs to Bombardier, and Bombardier staff would have to be running it. I'd assume that these staff are not based in Toronto, and would be travelling home for Easter - and presumably would be unlikely to volunteer their time.

And even if they were, who would foot their accommodations? I suppose Bombardier could donate time and money ... but probably way too late to start that process.

Anyone know what happend to 4401? Is it also en route to Toronto?

Supposed to be ship at the end of March. This depends on if more testing is require and if so will be in April.

4402 was supposed to be ship from the plant on March 15 and was expecting to be here now.

Wondering if TTC will do a press viewing of it being off loaded at the new spur at Hillcrest this week.

Changes to TTC streetcar platforms to cost $58M: Byford

CITYNEWS The new TTC low-floor streetcars won’t fit on some right-of-way platforms, including the one on St. Clair, making for more expensive construction on an already controversial route. “This is not a problem that’s taken us by surprise,”

http://m.citynews.ca/2013/03/25/new-ttc-streetcars-too-big-for-st-clair-right-of-way/

I think Andy Byford's full quote givesa better picture.

This is not a problem that’s taken us by surprise,” TTC CEO Andy Byford said Monday afternoon.

“We have got money set aside in our capital budget to make changes to the islands,” he said, adding that the total cost for all the islands – not just St. Clair – would be an estimated $58 million.

Back