Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

So I am guessing the reason why Canderal is marketing this project as 63 floors (and in their write up they are calling it a 66 storey tower) but it only says 57 here is due to the fact they are purposely not having specific numbers for superstitious reasons? Makes sense, I was a tad confused why there are so many numbers being thrown around. I got an email from a real estate company working to promote the project and they had this project at 60 floors. It's too bad it didn't have 1 extra floor to move it into the 200m+ zone. It's SO close.

Last edited:
Im getting all the email blasts and VIP sales are to start today im told. Prices and floor plans to come out by the end today. The one email suggested any floor above the 18th is safe in terms of views. heres what the email suggested:

By and large, if you clear the 18th floor you will clear the immediate buildings. An approximate summary is below:

NORTH: No obstructions
NORTH EAST: 18 Storeys
EAST: 18 Storeys
SOUTH EAST: 18 Storeys
SOUTH: 13 Storeys
SOUTH WEST: 33 Storeys
WEST: 50 Storeys
NORTH WEST: 16 Storeys

^yep, If I was buying here I would be going for southern views. They are the best views anyway..

Any word if this project will be a success sales wise? is it getting lots of buzz?

^yep, If I was buying here I would be going for southern views. They are the best views anyway..

Any word if this project will be a success sales wise? is it getting lots of buzz?

Yeah, it's going to be huge. You can tell pre con agents are having a 'we've turned the corner, there is no crash, developers kept pricing in check, the market has corrected itself' sense of confidence about this project and pre con in general. Last year had fewer launches but the the big ones all hit 70% or more quickly. This one will be no different, if anything it'll be even crazier than say Harbour Plaza (which did great). The repeated spin on pre con these days is 'you are buying at prices cheaper than 2011 so you can't lose', and investors are buying it, so let the good times roll, I guess. Core condos which isn't nearly as high profile has quietly done quite nicely (50% sold over the weekend it launched). At the end of the year we'll look back at this one as the 'biggest hit' for 2014.

Last edited:
Just got the deets. It appears pricing is as low as $618/sqft, and on average $680/sqft. Suite sizes are small and mainly in the 350 studio to 1000 range. Only one size at 856sq ft as a 3 bedroom and possily only one 2 bed 700 sq ft and 999sq ft. Im sure not all suites are being launched just yet. Parking as $65000. This one will sell im sure.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how they manage the problem of smoke coming from Oldfellow Hall. THe restaurant in there has the exhaust on teh roof. I've seen the greasy black smoke billowing out on many occasions. I wonder what sort of accomodations they are going to have to make with that property on that front.

Just got the deets. It appears pricing is as low as $618/sqft, and on average $680/sqft. Suite sizes are small and mainly in the 350 studio to 1000 range. Only one size at 856sq ft as a 3 bedroom and possily only one 2 bed 700 sq ft and 999sq ft. Im sure not all suites are being launched just yet. Parking as $65000. This one will sell im sure.

Nailed it lol.

Let's see how this sells.

I am confused: "South is clear at 13 floors"? isn't Aura literally one building south of college street? making it more like clear after 78 stories?

I think it refers to the fact that no building is directly infront of or directly across the street from YC. Aura and YC are separated from College Park

Just saw the floor plans...The balconies are quite large for most suites. That's about the only nice thing I'll say about the project.

Yeah, it's going to be huge. You can tell pre con agents are having a 'we've turned the corner, there is no crash, developers kept pricing in check, the market has corrected itself' sense of confidence about this project and pre con in general. Last year had fewer launches but the the big ones all hit 70% or more quickly. This one will be no different, if anything it'll be even crazier than say Harbour Plaza (which did great). The repeated spin on pre con these days is 'you are buying at prices cheaper than 2011 so you can't lose', and investors are buying it, so let the good times roll, I guess. Core condos which isn't nearly as high profile has quietly done quite nicely (50% sold over the weekend it launched). At the end of the year we'll look back at this one as the 'biggest hit' for 2014.

It's more concrete for offshore investors to park their money in and push locals out of the market. I don't believe we have turned any corner, developers continue with the house of cards. This of course is not limited to Toronto, it's happening throughout North America.

Corrected

Im getting all the email blasts and VIP sales are to start today im told. Prices and floor plans to come out by the end today. The one email suggested any floor above the 18th is safe in terms of views. heres what the email suggested:

By and large, if you clear the 18th floor you will clear the immediate buildings. An approximate summary is below:

NORTH: No obstructions McCondos by 2018 lol!
NORTH EAST: 18 Storeys
EAST: 18 Storeys
SOUTH EAST: 18 Storeys
SOUTH: 13 Storeys
SOUTH WEST: 33 Storeys Future 50s x 2
WEST: 50 Storeys
NORTH WEST: 16 Storeys

Back