Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

2014_01_13_06_18_47_ycconds.jpg

I count 57 to the top of the residential, but the mechanical looks like it might be hiding some amenity space.

Also, that double height floor in the middle really bothers me. You'd think for a design that plays off repeating geometric forms that they'd try to hide that somehow.

Check out page 6 of the Final Report: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-61111.pdf

It was originally proposed at 60 storeys and 599 units, but was approved at 57 storeys and 636 units. I don't understand how they could add 9 floors but be selling fewer units. Someone's got the wrong numbers.

Also from the planning report...

* Note: Final gross floor area, number of storeys and unit count are approximate

The height remains firm at 198 metres, however.

Last edited:
I count 57 to the top of the residential, but the mechanical looks like it might be hiding some amenity space.

Also, that double height floor in the middle really bothers me. You'd think for a design that plays off repeating geometric forms that they'd try to hide that somehow.

Look across the street at Aura, which commits the same crime in an even more horrific manner. Why are you even surprised?

The dataBase file has been updated with the new rendering, and with higher-res shot for anyone wanting to pore over the details.

I like the rendering, too. Question is: Will the balcony glass be black and white in reality? The sidewalks look cool.

you can already see where and how badly this thing will be botched, based on the Canderel G/C 'track record' of producing pure shite.

Our front page story explains the confusion over the number of storeys in this building.

Funny how the rendering and the elevation drawings in the planning report don't jive with each other.

That floor of differing height is a lot lower down the building at the 16th floor

Back