Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

isaidso:

Considering the staff report is supportive of the project in itself, I am not sure if one should read that as a carte blanche for the rest of Yonge. Beyond that, staff support does not equate to superiority in terms of urban design and "fit" with the heritage structure.

At this junction, the discussion should be about how poor the design is.

AoD

This developer seems determined to destroy the entire Yonge College Bay Gerrard block with their vertical cow patties.

With the kind of blight that Canderel/G+C are unleashing on this area, its going to be a toxic no-go zone for anyone who is remotely concerned with good architecture.

Visiting architecture students will have to wear hazmat suits.

It's going to have to be cordoned off as a place where only the tasteless dare go.

A mass humanitarian mission might have to be undertaken, in order to airlift the old Eaton's College store out of the failed state of Canderelistan.

Last edited:
Looks great! my only real complaint is the slight overuse of the dizzying/in your face black on white balcony pattern. But everything else looks just fine; the podium looks fantastic.
And that 2 storey glass box at the top... Perhaps the sky-restaurant-observation-lounge we have all been waiting for? (or just a party room for residents?)

Podium is great, but the tower itself is hideous. The previous version looked like it would incorporate a lot of curtain wall, which I would much rather have than this balcony facade.

To be called 'YC Condos'.

So this and Wellesley on the Park (11 Wellesley) just up the street will both be the first big launches for 2014. We'll see how the market responds.

yongegrenville_08.jpg

Attachments

• yongegrenville_08.jpg
    yongegrenville_08.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 603
Barf ... but lets agree ... it seems like the base has potential no !! Depending on what materials they use.

When you look at the render, you have to imagine it looking an additional 40% cheaper. Compare built Aura to the Aura renders for comparison.

When you look at the render, you have to imagine it looking an additional 40% cheaper. Compare built Aura to the Aura renders for comparison.

Interesting you say that ... I disagree and just took another close look at various Aura renderings, I'd actually argue the rendering is fairly close to the end product ! Much more so then typical developments. The issue's most folks have with the project are visible in the renderings !

Back