Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I gotta be honest, I really really like this project....but the higher it gets, the more those balconies seem to degrade the building and make me like it less. Call me crazy but maybe they should've painted the bottom of the balconies black. I mean, I'll still like it, but I'm falling out of love. That sucks.

i think we gotta wait for the first round of balconies to go up........it'll prob unite the building much more and create some better lines for the exterior of the building....

I gotta be honest, I really really like this project....but the higher it gets, the more those balconies seem to degrade the building and make me like it less. Call me crazy but maybe they should've painted the bottom of the balconies black. I mean, I'll still like it, but I'm falling out of love. That sucks.

my thoughts precisely !! (I suggested that a couple pages back but got no buy-in ~:p)

when admiring the building from the outside, i agree that black balconies would have been more attractive.

however, if i was living in this building, i would find black balconies ridiculous. they would make the space feel smaller and just generally feel uncomfortable.

my thoughts precisely !! (I suggested that a couple pages back but got no buy-in ~)

Yeah, the white balconies throw the whole thing off.
Maybe it's just primer??
The renders seem to show black balconies.

The white on the balconies will be much less obvious when the cladding goes up. That is if they don't paint them black.

I think once the balcony frames, glass and trim below (covering the exposed concrete slab) are installed, it will look great.

Try to imagine the whole building with balcony frames installed as per the photo below with the sample balcony piece shown on part of the 5th floor balcony on the west side of the building

Double click on the image below to get the full sized image

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee140/laserboy_TO/X2_July4-09.jpg

I think once the balcony frames, glass and trim below (covering the exposed concrete slab) are installed, it will look great.

Try to imagine the whole building with balcony frames installed as per the photo below with the sample balcony piece shown on part of the 5th floor balcony on the west side of the building

Double click on the image below to get the full sized image

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee140/laserboy_TO/X2_July4-09.jpg

I completely agree. You will hardly notice the white once the balconies are in place. Plus, black would feel very closed in and I think the white is a great contrast to the black paneling/coloured blocks.

I completely agree. You will hardly notice the white once the balconies are in place. Plus, black would feel very closed in and I think the white is a great contrast to the black paneling/coloured blocks.

Absolutely agree.

It's looking good from Yonge & Bloor. Despite the blackness of it, it has the same feel as the new RBC building, in that it feels like you can see through it.

3866414790_74ff17f513_b.jpg

3866422680_47dea18052.jpg

2nd pic - 34th Floor

Hey, why is there a porta-potty in the exact spot where my bed will go... Can't those workers hold it in and go pee downstairs. lol

Sunrise, Sept 1st

From above, 6am Sept. 1

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back