Toronto Women's College Hospital | 70.1m | 10s | P.E.B.

Phase 2 is the other half to this building that is currently occupied by the existing hospital.

I think it was like that upon installation. Perhaps a paintjob is still forthcoming.

Wasnt like that upon installation
IMG3639-XL.jpg

[/IMG]

In the above image posted by rdaner in April 2012, we can see that it was not too dirty upon installation. Comparing with rdaners photos from January 7th, posted a page or two back, it is clear that this thing got dirty fast

Photos taken 7 January
And what I assume is demolition to make way for phase 2.

IMG_2243_1-XL.jpg

I wonder if the parking lot next to the demolition is part of it. All of my parking spots are slowly being taken away. First Lumiere, then the Sick kids research tower and now hopefully not this one.

Who knows, unless the new Ontario Government office tower on this site goes ahead right away (and actually, it looks like it's a fair ways off) you'll probably get a larger parking lot here.

I wonder if the parking lot next to the demolition is part of it. All of my parking spots are slowly being taken away. First Lumiere, then the Sick kids research tower and now hopefully not this one.

there is still that huge garage between College and Gerrard on Elizabeth..

27 April 2013: I still like this building because it serves as a relief from all the glass streetwall in the area:

rps20130428065656259.jpg

And it makes me think more textured concrete--retro Brut--style buildings should make a comeback.

It also reminds me of my old workplace--Chabanel Street "chic." :p

Last edited:
FYI, clinics and labs are moving into the new building beginning Monday, May 13, with patients at the new site as of May 27. The old building will be turned over to the contractor in June for demolition for Phase 2.

Back