Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

I have to agree with the former post about not being fond of the red brick. It's a matter of taste, but I do think glass is timeless. You generally can't go wrong.

the brick was mandated by the st. lawrence historic committee (or whatever they call themselves).

besides, it's only the podium and i think it's a good compromise bc it's mostly glass above the 8th floor.

I'd love see a bunch of Vu-style projects filling out the rest (non-Cityplace) of the Railway Lands West. Great massing, materials, proportions and street presence.

This sort of thing would also look great in the medium-rise parcels of the East Bayfront. The same type of design would look great with a yellow brick skirt as well (sort of a taller/heftier Market Square).

I love it. We have enough buildings that are entirely glass.

Yeah but, every single new building built or planned in the St Lawrence area has red brick. Just sayin', there are other (traditional ) brick colours .

Yeah but, every single new building built or planned in the St Lawrence area has red brick. Just sayin', there are other (traditional ) brick colours .

it would be nice to see some of the newer projects use the traditional yellow brick around the st. lawrence area as a change.

... and there is heritage precedent in the area for yellow brick:

306081407_7389e27d8c.jpg

470241852_cb27093184_m.jpg

FIRE at VU!

Turns out it was just a garbage bin on the property... can't help but wonder who's to blame for that. (Someone tossing a cigarette?)

I'm really loving everything about this project. It fits so well here and the materials are looking very high end.

And the view! Those western facing units will have THE vu/view.

NO, my home !

what's going on with AR?
first an earth mover falls into the basement of 77 Charles just the other day, and now this ???

I was at the sales office a few days ago. I'm looking for a 1+den but everything that was on the price list did not have any walkout balconies, only the french style.

Anyone know when they plan to release suites, specifically 1+den, with walkout balconies?

thanks.

Back