Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Don't give up everyone. Lets stay persistent and keep contacting Vandyk, City of Brampton. Can contact City of Brampton voicing concerns that their is an open pit with no construction action happening. It's a safety issue for local residences if there is no-one on site and they are solely relying on cameras. Remember they don't build a single home without your monies, your the client paying the bills for the trades.
This is a great idea, Ii'll be doing this today - contacting Vandyks, Tarion, and the City of Brampton.

Would be great if everyone on this threat does the same thing.

Bob, anything specific we can state to Vanyk, Tarion, and the City of Brampton?

This is a great idea, Ii'll be doing this today - contacting Vandyks, Tarion, and the City of Brampton.

Bob, anything specific we can state to Vandyk, Tarion, and the City of Brampton?
Tarion will give you the standard line that you don't own the unit until closing. They will only update you on the closing dates and possibly about causes of delays if they feel inclined. City of Brampton will respond to safety concerns regarding the public. They may respond to inactivity as well as the builder has timelines built into each permit in which they need to complete or risk needing to reapply to extend the permit timelines. Sadly Vandyk is motivated by money and publicity. Negative publicity is the only thing he responds to as well as loss of income. I would recommend contacting the Mayor, MP for the area and as many city inspectors for safety as possible. And of course the Brampton Media and newspapers.

Mayor Patrick Brown

Regional Councilors

Brampton By-Law for Safety

Local MP Graham McGregor

Tarion "Closings and Occupancy Delays"

Not sure if McGregor is the local MP for that area.

Tarion will give you the standard line that you don't own the unit until closing. They will only update you on the closing dates and possibly about causes of delays if they feel inclined. City of Brampton will respond to safety concerns regarding the public. They may respond to inactivity as well as the builder has timelines built into each permit in which they need to complete or risk needing to reapply to extend the permit timelines. Sadly Vandyk is motivated by money and publicity. Negative publicity is the only thing he responds to as well as loss of income. I would recommend contacting the Mayor, MP for the area and as many city inspectors for safety as possible. And of course the Brampton Media and newspapers.

Mayor Patrick Brown

Regional Councilors

Brampton By-Law for Safety

Local MP Graham McGregor

Tarion "Closings and Occupancy Delays"

Not sure if McGregor is the local MP for that area.
Thanks Bob!

I was more so just trying to say why would they want to sully their reputation and not complete the project, but I appreciate the additional insight

I will continue being patient, all I can do lol
Always speak up and voice your concerns/opinion's. Everyone can benefit from your input.

I will also contact them this week. It would be better if everyone in this group try to file complaint against them

They have nothing to lose.

1. They bought this land on 2012, I think. It is 2023. land value should be appreciated atleast 300% by now. Also with the approval to build townhouses, it might worth more. They would just simply sell this to other builder for hefty profit. I think it would nullify our agreements.
2. Then they have our down payments, that would be at least 20 million dollars. By the time they decide on closing this project, it would be 8 years. at nominal 4% interest rate. They would earn around 7.5 million dollars minimum.

Their reputation may impact a bit. Media may post this news for next 1 week or so. Then everyone will forget.

In any case, we are the losers. They earn millions of dollars by swindling us.

I never posted negatively before. I try to avoid emotions in investments. But here I can't avoid. Because I felt like it is out of my hand. If they plan to finish the project, they need to show progress every month. With no work at site for past 4 months, I don't think they have intention to complete this project.
I agree, simply posting negativity has no merit or progresses us forward. Actions to concerns are what will gain results. Continuance of not giving up and trying together through this common thread to find the carrot that will get this Donkey Vandyk moving. I believe it will take a group effort of persistence on our part.

I called Brampton municipality. They told that VanDi'ks have permit to build. But they don't have other details. But it seems like building department would be having more details on construction progress and dates. I have requested a call back from building department. I will post if I get any update from them. Typically they would call in 5 business days.

I will also try to file a complaint with Local MPP.

I have sent an email to MPP as well. If I don't receive any response in a week. I will go to MPP office to file the complaint.

I contacted city of brampton today and they made open an online request with a photo so i did already sent.. i will track it and update.

Don't underestimate the power of a Google review. I had a problem with a car dealership and left a one star review and updated it every week to keep it at the top of the most recent reviews. It took about three months but I did get my money back.

I wish you guys luck. It's a terrible situation to be in and hope you get a satisfactory resolution to this situation.

Don't underestimate the power of a Google review. I had a problem with a car dealership and left a one star review and updated it every week to keep it at the top of the most recent reviews. It took about three months but I did get my money back.

I wish you guys luck. It's a terrible situation to be in and hope you get a satisfactory resolution to this situation.
I just contacted the bramptonguardian.com and sent them my story .. lets see if they will get back to me..

Back