Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

I am not sure how to go about with media? Maybe have to email the media citytv? Also your local MPP too? will look into it!!
Domenic replied with this bs msg!!
Thank you for the email. The Uptowns project remains as active project and your occupancy date update has been previously provided. Feel free to contact me at anytime. Thanks

Thank you for the email. The Uptowns project remains as active project and your occupancy date update has been previously provided. Feel free to contact me at anytime. Thanks
They’ll keep responding with generic non informative answers. They’ll still manage to blame the pandemic on their company’s short comings. I see builders that have excavated, put up foundation, and finished the structuring phase when they’ve started years later….

I spoke to him. He was telling stories like workers were there in site working under the excavation and you might have missed them and blah blah blah. he was not even accepting the fact that no workers on the site. They were lying through their teeth. when I tried pushing him on progress, he kept on saying he could not go to micro details about the progress. Swindlers!!!

Also if you want to talk to Dominic call from public phone, he won’t pick up if you call from your mobile.

An active site is hardhats and workbooks….none in site 11am

An active site is hardhats and workbooks….none in site 11am
Something wrong. It seems like they are planning to scam us. They have been saying workers on site, when no one is there. Obviously they are deceiving the buyers. lack of communication is one thing. false communication is whole another level. I don't think we could trust them anymore.

They have a lot to lose by ‘scamming’ us.. I understand everyone’s anger, as I am angry as well, but let’s all look at this a bit more rationally. They have multiple other projects at this point, including a partnership with Metrolinx for a Mimico GO station/hub/whatever it is, do we really think they will jeopardize all of that by canceling our project?

There is a phone number posted on the vandyk sign facing heart lake rd. with the number to the site super/foreman, when called, he cited that they were waiting on some supply chain issues to clear up. I’d advise calling the number and doing your own questioning. 416-938-0093

I think the condos will go up quick, they’re low rise, and the walls come pre-formed and are installed like Lego blocks.

They have a lot to lose by ‘scamming’ us.. I understand everyone’s anger, as I am angry as well, but let’s all look at this a bit more rationally. They have multiple other projects at this point, including a partnership with Metrolinx for a Mimico GO station/hub/whatever it is, do we really think they will jeopardize all of that by canceling our project?

There is a phone number posted on the vandyk sign facing heart lake rd. with the number to the site super/foreman, when called, he cited that they were waiting on some supply chain issues to clear up. I’d advise calling the number and doing your own questioning. 416-938-0093

I think the condos will go up quick, they’re low rise, and the walls come pre-formed and are installed like Lego blocks.
Builders divide each site up separately both by way of financing and trades. The production or cost of one site does not relate to the other. In this case one is high rise and one is low-rise. They are also separated within the Vandyk office into two different departments. Vandyk is setup for Highrise currently not for low-rise. All their capable staff that were on low-rise have left the company. Domenic who is not a high-rise person as his background is commercial retrofits with Vandyk is running the low-rise part of Vandyk with no experience other then that gained from Vandyk to the project. His limited experience dealing with construction and trades in a high paced productive environment is why the project is suffering and falling so far behind. It is common knowledge within the construction industry that Vandyk do not pay their trades on time or in many cases at all and therefore get sued or end up with liens on projects. Has anyone checked to see if this project has any liens on it to date and if so what trades? That may explain why the projects are stopped and delayed. Perhaps the trades that are supposed to be doing the parking garage and excavation of the blocks haven't been paid. Next time you see a company vehicle on site, take a photo and post it here. We can all contact that trade and ask why they took so long to continue.
As far as Domenic is concerned he will not ever respond in specifics to you as he does not have the final say or ability to actually tell you the timelines. The owner John Vandyk is in control and has the final say on timing and allocation of trades or staffing amongst their projects. I would call and inundate John with questions and concerns on timing and construction. If you want precise answers you will need a lawyer to contact Vandyk requesting the information. You will rarely get a straight answer from Domenic or his staff.
There is no partnership with Metrolinx, only an agreement of expectations by Vandyk to produce services and adjacent property links to the Metrolinx lines. That project has no ties to our project. One succeeding or failing does not effect the other. The only thing that may relate is if a trade sued on the other site is not paid and they are working on this site then we may be effected by the trade not showing up.

Walls are not preformed, only the metal stud walls are being formed by a steel forming company off site and then delivered to site and finally installed. Not like Lego. Still need exterior cladding, windows, doors, insulation, drywall taping, painting, electrical, plumbing, etc.......

I feel like we are screwed. Even if we go via lawyer for the update, I don't think we would get much details. They would provide same tentative and outside occupancy dates, as they are legally within their time lines. I am afraid, they would delay till outside occupancy date and then final blow by cancelling the project.

All odds are against us.

Last edited:
I was more so just trying to say why would they want to sully their reputation and not complete the project, but I appreciate the additional insight

I will continue being patient, all I can do lol

They have nothing to lose.

1. They bought this land on 2012, I think. It is 2023. land value should be appreciated atleast 300% by now. Also with the approval to build townhouses, it might worth more. They would just simply sell this to other builder for hefty profit. I think it would nullify our agreements.
2. Then they have our down payments, that would be at least 20 million dollars. By the time they decide on closing this project, it would be 8 years. at nominal 4% interest rate. They would earn around 7.5 million dollars minimum.

Their reputation may impact a bit. Media may post this news for next 1 week or so. Then everyone will forget.

In any case, we are the losers. They earn millions of dollars by swindling us.

I never posted negatively before. I try to avoid emotions in investments. But here I can't avoid. Because I felt like it is out of my hand. If they plan to finish the project, they need to show progress every month. With no work at site for past 4 months, I don't think they have intention to complete this project.

I was more so just trying to say why would they want to sully their reputation and not complete the project, but I appreciate the additional insight

I will continue being patient, all I can do lol
We will wait. That's all we can do now. :)

Well I think we are screwed.. I guess will start new calls and emails to John sr and jr Vandyk.. we all should try that and see what’s the answer .. let’s go
I tried that. I have been emailing Dominic along with both VanDicks every week They are not responding me. You guys can also start that. But don’t have your hopes high. It would just spam their inbox that’s all. And you won’t get any response. Don’t be surprised.

Don't give up everyone. Lets stay persistent and keep contacting Vandyk, City of Brampton. Can contact City of Brampton voicing concerns that their is an open pit with no construction action happening. It's a safety issue for local residences if there is no-one on site and they are solely relying on cameras. Remember they don't build a single home without your monies, your the client paying the bills for the trades.

Back