Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

They’re not. 😂

This basically means they can drag ass until 2025.

Come January they will hopefully give us a better timeline… I have my doubts though. Lol

So, who’s ready to join forces for some legal action? Kind of silly, now. They’ve been building every day for a long while now, I don’t see how they can blame the delay on Covid at this point.
Notice sent now to cover their butts, come the new year another date will be given. I pass by the site a few times a week, some days no workers in sight. They need to start working 7 days a week…..no progress in sight

Absolute joke at this point…bought 2017. Maybe they should start working 7 days a week. Who wants a condo they bought over 7 years ago…lives have changed at this point
Exactly, my excitement is all gone at this point. My family always joke about when I'm moving out as it's been so many years. When I bought it, I thought I would have left home in 3 years max. It's gonna be 5 years in few months and probably 2 more years after that. But for those who have bought this as their first home and wanted to live in it. It's horrible that they will probably end up
wasting 7 years renting and paying off someone's else's mortgage when they could have paid off their own. Definitely a life lesson for me though, I won't be going into any more preconstruction projects as your money is kind of locked in unless you pay the builder or have a written agreement that allow you to sell before closing.

Exactly, my excitement is all gone at this point. My family always joke about when I'm moving out as it's been so many years. When I bought it, I thought I would have left home in 3 years max. It's gonna be 5 years in few months and probably 2 more years after that. But for those who have bought this as their first home and wanted to live in it. It's horrible that they will probably end up
wasting 7 years renting and paying off someone's else's mortgage when they could have paid off their own. Definitely a life lesson for me though, I won't be going into any more preconstruction projects as your money is kind of locked in unless you pay the builder or have a written agreement that allow you to sell before closing.
Chances are every unit in that building will be for sale as soon as they close….we have all moved on. Thanks Vandyk, they certainly know how to cover their butts

Chances are every unit in that building will be for sale as soon as they close….we have all moved on. Thanks Vandyk, they certainly know how to cover their butts
Good thing is that prices doubled and you did not pay a penny just time wasted..and will probably be done just in time when int rates will start going down so will be a plus.

9C801AB3-E8D6-4851-A4FC-E844538629CF.jpeg

Attachments

• 02975095-ADC7-4D42-8D3F-E8A3AB7A74FC.jpeg
    02975095-ADC7-4D42-8D3F-E8A3AB7A74FC.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 76
  • B92E9763-4103-41FA-A34A-FC80298A0993.jpeg
    B92E9763-4103-41FA-A34A-FC80298A0993.jpeg
    524.9 KB · Views: 69
Feels good to see the walls come up. I expect building 5 to 9 should be ready towards the end of next year if they continue working at a better rate.

I am in the same boat. My brother bought a pre-con after me, and has now moved in before me. I feel like I may never move out at this point! Lol

Now I want to start a family, with a dog and a yard.. not live in a condo. My knees are going to be gone before I’m ever able to walk up my stairs for the first time, at this rate. Thanks, VanDyk!

Thank god my family has been supportive, but it’s still living hell to be 30+ and living with my parents. Extremely disappointed, to say the least.

As for the people that say ‘oh, at least the value has gone up’, that’s a huge cop out. Money is replaceable, time is not. 5 years and counting, VanDyk.

I am in the same boat. My brother bought a pre-con after me, and has now moved in before me. I feel like I may never move out at this point! Lol

Now I want to start a family, with a dog and a yard.. not live in a condo. My knees are going to be gone before I’m ever able to walk up my stairs for the first time, at this rate. Thanks, VanDyk!

Thank god my family has been supportive, but it’s still living hell to be 30+ and living with my parents. Extremely disappointed, to say the least.

As for the people that say ‘oh, at least the value has gone up’, that’s a huge cop out. Money is replaceable, time is not. 5 years and counting, VanDyk.

I think almost 90% of people who have bought a unit are disappointed with the delay but there is nothing that we can do. I think everyone is just thinking about the positive side that at least they didn't lose money. I'm just happy VanDyk is still making it. I had a friend who's builder filed bankruptcy and she lost $50K that she put in downpayment and ofcourse her time/ investment.

Last edited:
I think almost 90% of people who have bought a unit are disappointed with the delay but there is nothing that we can do. I think everyone is just thinking about the positive side that at least they didn't lose money. I'm just happy VanDyk is still making it. I had a friend who's builder filed bankruptcy and she lost $50K that she put in downpayment and ofcourse her time/ investment.
Down payments are supposed to be held in protected in accounts that the builder cannot access until they deliver. Your friend must have looked into that, contacted Tarion, no?

Last edited:
Down payments are supposed to be held in protected in accounts that the builder cannot access until they deliver. Your friend must have looked into that, contacted Tarion, no?

There is a cap on the deposit amount Tarion insures and it's fairly low ($20k). The builder is expected, but not required, to purchase additional deposit insurance to cover the difference.

It can get messy if the lawyer holding the trust goes bankrupt (these can be per-project numbered companies too), the development goes bankrupt, and the buyer lawyer did not ask for confirmation of deposit insurance (often because the buyer didn't hire a lawyer to review the contract during the signing stage).

Tarion pays out their portion fairly quickly but the buyer might have to wait on the courts to work through bankruptcy proceedings for the remainder. A trust deposit is a Super-priority claim in bankruptcy proceedings, but so is outstanding payroll and property taxes. So it is possible to lose part of your deposit.

Last edited:

Back