Toronto Union Subway Station: Second Platform and Concourse Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC | IBI Group

You can see the new stair going to the new 2nd platform on the east side of the concourse. The 2nd platform is a long way from opening anytime soon from what you can see of it.

The ramp is a pure joke to everyone and only can handle 1 person at a time that has a need to use it in the first place.

They have floor tiles down to the west of the stair and nothing to write home about it.

The ramp is a pure joke to everyone and only can handle 1 person at a time that has a need to use it in the first place.
Will there be an elevator that can be used instead? Will this ramp still be necessary after the Union Station rebuild is finished in 2017?

Noticed last night that one westbound lane of Front street was open and the taxi drivers seemed to be loving it........the pedestrians on their way to Union were not loving it so much as freedom to cross Front in the rush to the train was more limited than they had gotten used to!

Will there be an elevator that can be used instead? Will this ramp still be necessary after the Union Station rebuild is finished in 2017?

I have yet to see any location on Front St for an elevator. Expect to see 1 elevator that should be there in place of 2/3 since this will be a busy location.

Then, once the Union Station is completed in 2017, the current concourse will be the same level as the new floor in Union, but still need this ramp to the Moat area.

Noticed last night that one westbound lane of Front street was open and the taxi drivers seemed to be loving it........the pedestrians on their way to Union were not loving it so much as freedom to cross Front in the rush to the train was more limited than they had gotten used to!
You talking east or West of Yonge as there always been a westbound lane on the west side. Don't remember seeing one on the east side Friday, but not really looking at that crossing.

They finally remove all the temporary steel beams for Bay St and now can start back filling the area and rebuilt the road before shifting everyone to it so they do the east side.

They are setup for testing the melting system for the new stair on Yonge. Once pass, the concrete for the treads can be pour along with installing the hand handrails and open to the public by Aug. Once done, then the temporary stair will be remove to the west.

By September, the Moat area will be almost complete for this area.

You talking east or West of Yonge as there always been a westbound lane on the west side. Don't remember seeing one on the east side Friday, but not really looking at that crossing.

Between Bay and York ....last time I was there the westbound lane did not extend to York (cabs did a circle in front of Hotel)....now it is opened to York/University and was catching pedestrians by surprise.

Between Bay and York ....last time I was there the westbound lane did not extend to York (cabs did a circle in front of Hotel)....now it is opened to York/University and was catching pedestrians by surprise.

If it over by University, haven't been over there in sometime. The westbound has been there for sometime at Bay and can't recall when the barrier got move back a few feet. Most likely when they remove the platform where the crane sat on.

If it over by University, haven't been over there in sometime. The westbound has been there for sometime at Bay and can't recall when the barrier got move back a few feet. Most likely when they remove the platform where the crane sat on.

There was a police presence yesterday helping out....I am gonna bet it was either yesterday or very recently that they re-opened access to York and University.

I saw workers unloading a bunch of doors like you might see at the entrance to a TTC station this morning. Should have taken a picture.

When is the York tunnel scheduled to open?

Back