Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Anyone else find the TD branding - especially the 'concierge station' in the York Concourse to be a tad overbearing? It makes the CIBC's branding on the UPX look modest.

If Metrolinx actually paid more attention to the usability of the space instead of these types of "customer experience" addon partnerships.

AoD

It sounds like the York Concourse. I am thinking they had an issue with the fire suppression system and ventilation for the restaurant spaces. Nothing worse than a ineffective life safety system.

Essentially, without a fully function life safety system (including HVAC, Fire Suppression, and lighting) you could have a mishap in one of the restaurant spaces spiral out of control and burn down Union Station.

Well, this ain't Berlin Brandenburg yet. And if a mishap of this sort does happen, maybe we'd finally get the new shed then.

AoD

Well, this ain't Berlin Brandenburg yet. And if a mishap of this sort does happen, maybe we'd finally get the new shed then.

AoD

It would be quite ironic actually though highly unlikely.

The reason we have the current station is because the whole area burned down in 1904. I doubt it will ever burn down though given that when the CN Turbo trains were running the trainshed roof caught on fire a few times. I think you are thinking of the Bundestag.

It would be quite ironic actually though highly unlikely.

The reason we have the current station is because the whole area burned down in 1904. I doubt it will ever burn down though given that when the CN Turbo trains were running the trainshed roof caught on fire a few times. I think you are thinking of the Bundestag.
I think AlvinofDiaspar is referring to the Brandenburg Airport fiasco. Airport construction started in 2006 and is hoped to be complete by 2021.

They really need to tune down the brightness of those pillar-wrap LED screens - and someone need to get smacked for approving and allowing them to basically become the primary visual presence in the space.

AoD
But free Wifi!

Those ceiling fixtures look really sexy! Kind of make up for having a low ceiling.

It appears the lower food court will open soon. The temporary drywall hoarding is coming down this morning and the temp protective floors are being peeled off.

Indeed. Pictures from today.

2q0ozAE

2uFRKxB

Last edited:

Back