Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

There's definitely some flooring in the York food court space, with the dark bands repeating the York Concourse design. Will try to get a photo tomorrow.

York Concourse is now sporting another giant ad screen... installation on the floor, not sure if permanent. To the west of ticket counters.

EF8DD906-C84D-4B14-8A28-7D28125DDED4.jpeg

Also, current view of the east moat, from the western stairs. Work on the glazing seems to have stopped so far. They’re closing off pedestrian access from the eastern side pretty often now too.

AAD4D5D5-2E1B-4AE2-AB3F-5D5C6977A304.jpeg

Attachments

• EF8DD906-C84D-4B14-8A28-7D28125DDED4.jpeg
    EF8DD906-C84D-4B14-8A28-7D28125DDED4.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 414
  • AAD4D5D5-2E1B-4AE2-AB3F-5D5C6977A304.jpeg
    AAD4D5D5-2E1B-4AE2-AB3F-5D5C6977A304.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
Via Concourse - Side hallway (side closest to York), go all the way to the end (Front St side). You will see some tarps/hoarding, behind which is a 3 step, small landing, and then new stairs to literally no where (right now.) Stairs end next to the Via/Great Hall bridge

Look at the below image I borrowed from above. I've added a green box (stairs) where they are, and then a red circle just in case.

View attachment 137942
This?
IMG_2919.jpg
IMG_2920.jpg
IMG_2921.jpg
IMG_2922.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2921.jpg
    IMG_2921.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_2922.jpg
    IMG_2922.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 508
Via Concourse - Side hallway (side closest to York), go all the way to the end (Front St side). You will see some tarps/hoarding, behind which is a 3 step, small landing, and then new stairs to literally no where (right now.) Stairs end next to the Via/Great Hall bridge

Look at the below image I borrowed from above. I've added a green box (stairs) where they are, and then a red circle just in case.

View attachment 137942

These stairs will eventually lead up to Platform 3 on both of the East and West sides. On platform level for 3 itself, the stairway is behind the hoarding.

There's definitely some flooring in the York food court space, with the dark bands repeating the York Concourse design. Will try to get a photo tomorrow.

York Concourse is now sporting another giant ad screen... installation on the floor, not sure if permanent. To the west of ticket counters.

Also, current view of the east moat, from the western stairs. Work on the glazing seems to have stopped so far. They’re closing off pedestrian access from the eastern side pretty often now too.

The Just for Men is a temporary activation until April 30th. Marketing, and not permanent....The York Concourse sometimes can be visually overwhelming with all these interactive screens and LED, espeically with the partnership it has with TD....

Below is the latest pics.

food court 2.jpg
food court.jpg
Lower York Concourse 1.png
Lower York COncourse.png
lower.jpg

Attachments

• food court 2.jpg
    food court 2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 398
  • food court.jpg
    food court.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 410
  • Lower York Concourse 1.png
    Lower York Concourse 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 416
  • Lower York COncourse.png
    Lower York COncourse.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 427
  • lower.jpg
    lower.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by a moderator:
They really need to tune down the brightness of those pillar-wrap LED screens - someone need to get smacked for approving and allowing them to basically become the primary visual presence in the space.

AoD

I agree. The TD ABM located in the North-East Corner of the York Concourse has received the most complaints. That ABM with the LED incorporated surroundings has gone into "The Matrix Mode" at least a dozen times...

Last edited:
These stairs will eventually lead up to Platform 3 on both of the East and West sides. On platform level for 3 itself, the stairway is behind the hoarding.

This makes sense. Where the makeshift convenience stores were on either side of the ramp were entrances to Track One back in the day.

AH thank you! I kept having a tough time referring to this work without visuals to explain myself.

Looking at the above photo, actually I guess having the platform three access off of the via ramp would be too awkward. I hadn't realized there isn't a level spot in front of where the makeshift convenience stores were. It wouldn't work for accessibility.

Anyone know if there are still plans to have advance screening for U.S. customs at union? Doesn't appear like they're building any space for that in the via concourse.

AH thank you! I kept having a tough time referring to this work without visuals to explain myself.

Looking at the above photo, actually I guess having the platform three access off of the via ramp would be too awkward. I hadn't realized there isn't a level spot in front of where the makeshift convenience stores were. It wouldn't work for accessibility.

Anyone know if there are still plans to have advance screening for U.S. customs at union? Doesn't appear like they're building any space for that in the via concourse.
Have pre-screening on board of the trains. :cool:

Have pre-screening on board of the trains. :cool:

Try telling that to China/Hong Kong.

For those who are not aware many cities in China have metal detectors at every subway stop. Not just trains...all subways.

At certain times Rome has armed military (with a Humvee) at the top of the stairs before the subway. They are suppose to identify, stop and frisk people that may be dangerous.

Even without US customs I would hope that Metrolinx/TTC is building a spot where screening could occur if it is required in the future for all VIA & GO trains.

Back