Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

This project deserves more frequent updates and transparency than the semi-annual updates we’re getting. Contractors/developers should be required to provide public updates weekly for each week a project is overdue. Telling us in June 2018 that the contractor will probably miss the Q1 2019 deadline is simply not good enough. Is it a resource issue? Legal? I’ve emailed my councillor and have gotten nothing. UT could probably begin to start using its powers for good here.

This project deserves more frequent updates and transparency than the semi-annual updates we’re getting. Contractors/developers should be required to provide public updates weekly for each week a project is overdue. Telling us in June 2018 that the contractor will probably miss the Q1 2019 deadline is simply not good enough. Is it a resource issue? Legal? I’ve emailed my councillor and have gotten nothing. UT could probably begin to start using its powers for good here.
Couldn't agree more. This kind of public accountability would certainly give some more impetus to finish this thing. Are there any financial penalties that the contractors will face due to these delays?

Couldn't agree more. This kind of public accountability would certainly give some more impetus to finish this thing. Are there any financial penalties that the contractors will face due to these delays?

They are doing more work in the food court area as of now. I saw many scaffolds, pieces of equipment etc in the lower york concourse. Methinks they have finally decided to outfit the area.

LOUIS VUITTON TIME CAPSULE IN TORONTO
Union is thrilled to announce that Louis Vuitton will mark its 35th Anniversary in Canada with Time Capsule Exhibit located on the Sir John A. Macdonald Plaza. Union Station is an ideal venue to understand the “Art of Travel” as envisioned by Louis Vuitton through rare and celebrated items from their archives including luggage, handbags and accessories. Join us September 7th - 30th on a journey through the Time Capsule exhibition in Toronto.
This free exhibition is open daily, Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm & Saturday - Sunday 11am - 9pm

I had hoped that we would have seen the food court open this summer if for no other reason than for improving pedestrian flow theough the station easier. Alas it was not meant to be. With the summer over people are returning to their normal schedules, the leafs and raptors are starting up again, things are going to be congested in that small hallway leading to the telus building.

At this point I feel like the "food court" will be revealed to be an elaborate piece of performance art or some kind of social experiment to see how long commuters will believe that one day they will be able to get a Big Mac in a flooded train station basement.
Hey, Nuit Blanche IS coming up, haha

Actually, I was thinking that last year would have been a good year to stage some sort of nuit blanche exhibit down there. Pics people posted showed that much of the space under VIA was already built out, but that the retail spaces were just shells waiting to be filled. The space was like catacombs lol

Hey, Nuit Blanche IS coming up, haha

Actually, I was thinking that last year would have been a good year to stage some sort of nuit blanche exhibit down there. Pics people posted showed that much of the space under VIA was already built out, but that the retail spaces were just shells waiting to be filled. The space was like catacombs lol

Perhaps a representation of Dante's circles of Hell.

Perhaps a representation of Dante's circles of Hell.
I still get lost in terms of finding direct routes from the subway to the York concourse, but I wend my way through, and have to help many obviously truly lost souls on the way. I'd like to be able to give them the answers they deserve, but since routes through the maelstrom keep changing, the best I can do is to direct them to security or train staff, it's so easy to offer information no longer applicable.

Whoever is in charge of signage down there...deserves to sign in Hell. Or work in a Haunted Maze at a theme park.

I still get lost in terms of finding direct routes from the subway to the York concourse, but I wend my way through, and have to help many obviously truly lost souls on the way. I'd like to be able to give them the answers they deserve, but since routes through the maelstrom keep changing, the best I can do is to direct them to security or train staff, it's so easy to offer information no longer applicable.

Whoever is in charge of signage down there...deserves to sign in Hell. Or work in a Haunted Maze at a theme park.

The route from the subway to the York concourse has not changed much in the past year or so. Just walk into Union Station from the moat, head straight down the hall and make a left.

Could not be easier.

The route from the subway to the York concourse has not changed much in the past year or so. Just walk into Union Station from the moat, head straight down the hall and make a left.

Could not be easier.
It certainly could be easier as some of the alternate passages are now closed. If it "couldn't be easier" then why are so many people lost down there? Many of these are intelligent, world aware travellers. The signs point into dead ends that were open a few months ago, but the signs haven't been changed.

Since the floors aren't yet finished from outside the TTC concourse exit, may I suggest something wildly revolutionary as a...wait for it...coloured stripe that can be removed for travellers to follow?

You're going to have to look at the situation as someone who has never navigated it before. If you do it every day, ostensibly you learn from mistakes. First time and occasional travellers don't have that awareness. Plus some of us have other things on our minds besides doing the job that transit orgs should be doing.

Last edited:
It certainly could be easier as some of the alternate passages are now closed. If it "couldn't be easier" then why are so many people lost down there? Many of these are intelligent, world aware travellers. The signs point into dead ends that were open a few months ago, but the signs haven't been changed.

Since the floors aren't yet finished from outside the TTC concourse exit, may I suggest something wildly revolutionary as a...wait for it...coloured stripe that can be removed for travellers to follow?

You're going to have to look at the situation as someone who has never navigated it before. If you do it every day, ostensibly you learn from mistakes. First time and occasional travellers don't have that awareness. Plus some of us have other things on our minds besides doing the job that transit orgs should be doing.
How about when the underground passage connecting the two Front Moats opens? A direct turn right, up stairs, go straight, turn left, go straight would be much simpler than the confusing area under the Great Hall.

Back