Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

This is clearly a pop-up and connected to the 'exhibit' on Sir John a MacDonald plaza immediately in front of Union Station. This is sponsored by Louis Vuitton and associated companies.

I get that but even still it will be interesting to see whether this will flop or not. It will be a great way of telling what shops work best at Union.

I get that but even still it will be interesting to see whether this will flop or not. It will be a great way of telling what shops work best at Union.
I strongly doubt that LV are expecting huge sales at Union - it's there to provide visibility and is tied into the 'exhibit'. It is part of an advertising campaign to raise 'brand recognition'. Whether it sells lots or nothing is not any sort of test of what kinds of stores will work at Union.

Bondfield/City of Toronto would tell you that several more people go through Union daily, so it's a much more complex project, due to people walking nearby and stuff.
And we at UT would know not to buy that garbage excuse from Bondfield, the contractor who seems to suffer from never ending delays with 90% of their projects.

And we at UT would know not to buy that garbage excuse from Bondfield, the contractor who seems to suffer from never ending delays with 90% of their projects.
Frankly, work in Union seems to be moving TERRIBLY slowly recently and they are clearly running well behind (the latest) schedule.

^ I was walking beside the Bay Concourse construction area during the day today and heard noise behind the hoarding so that would suggest it hasn't stopped.

We ever get a date on when the food court is supposed to open?

At this point I feel like the "food court" will be revealed to be an elaborate piece of performance art or some kind of social experiment to see how long commuters will believe that one day they will be able to get a Big Mac in a flooded train station basement.

Back