Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Sources? Surely the post is very clear of the source for the photo.

If the comment only refers to the famous Escher image (Relativity done in 1953), then it should be singular. But is that really an issue?
Didn't realize the first image was original content so never mind. Wasn't referring to the Escher image, though the rules do technically state that all non-original images should be cited.

Didn't realize the first image was original content so never mind. Wasn't referring to the Escher image, though the rules do technically state that all non-original images should be cited.
Fair enough - I normally simply add a link to such images, back to the original - which provides the source, without adding extra text to the post.

New drywall hoarding going up inside the Great Hall around the future restaurant space (north wall).

Union Station is mentioned in this Globe investigation into Bondfield:

Bondfield is also responsible for a portion of the massive renovation of Union Station in downtown Toronto. The City of Toronto initially hired Carillion Canada Inc. in 2010 to refurbish the century-old train station and install a new shopping concourse, but the company completed only the first phase. The city subsequently awarded Bondfield a $178.5-million contract in June, 2015, to complete stages 2 and 3, the Bay Concourse.

The entire project was initially supposed to be done by 2015 at a cost of $640-million, but the timeline has been pushed back to early 2019 and the budget increased to $823.9-million. (Carillion’s British parent collapsed in January and a Toronto investment company has acquired its core businesses in Canada.)

The refurbishment of Canada’s busiest transit hub is “one of the most complicated construction projects in the country, wedged into one of the most congested parts of Toronto,” Ms. McGuey said in explaining the delays. More than 300,000 people pass through Union Station every day.

Image from the Globe article:
2x8xcgn

New drywall hoarding going up inside the Great Hall around the future restaurant space (north wall).

It's actually happening?!

Ok, I was so stoked when this first came to light (what, 8 years ago now....I've completely lost track of time when it comes to this station) and then heard nor saw anything to make me believe in its future existence. Until now!

If this station is complete by the time I'm 40, it'll be a small victory for me.

It's actually happening?!

Ok, I was so stoked when this first came to light (what, 8 years ago now....I've completely lost track of time when it comes to this station) and then heard nor saw anything to make me believe in its future existence. Until now!

If this station is complete by the time I'm 40, it'll be a small victory for me.
That would make your age minus twenty.

Saw this in Union at around 630 am. I wonder how many people will actually shop there given their price point and the clientele passing through the station?
View attachment 155543

These kinds of stores are not meant as a place for the rich to shop. They're more of a living billboard for those who aspire to be able to own luxury brands. It's a mindset builder.

These kinds of stores are not meant as a place for the rich to shop. They're more of a living billboard for those who aspire to be able to own luxury brands. It's a mindset builder.
Read a couple of posts further up this thread. This is NOT a 'real store' it's a pop-up connected to their historical exhibit outside Union. (Which I visited yesterday and was VERY bored!)

I'd say...a misguided mindset at that.

LV is just drab and boring. Top marks for getting people to pay for it though.

Upcoming Platform Changes on September 19, 2018.

LSW, LSE, Barrie, Kitchener and Stouffville corridors affected for this change.

https://www.gotransit.com/en/the-future-go/improvements/union-station-revitalization/platformchanges
They are closing platform 11/12 at the very least, likely other platforms too in order to remove the redundant steel under the central atrium. They will also continue adding permanent lighting 'bars' under the atrium for these platforms.

Back