Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Oh, so promote people to go upstairs and use the Departures Entrance rather than the Arrivals Exit as a "entrance".

No. There will be a new access from the Front St Promenade to the Centre retail area (Which will be below the VIA concourse) and will then come back up to ground level at the southern Telus building entrance.

... Unless I am reading this image incorrectly:
urbantoronto-1230-3711.jpg

It's a drainpipe. Or maybe a gummy worm.

Nah, you will experience delays like a drain calling for Drano. Or a digestive tract calling for lax.

Not surprised. I think it’s a great logo.

I wonder how many focus groups and meetings were conducted for this design. It definitely serves as a counterpoint to the golden age of Canadian graphic design (60s/early 70s - e.g. CN, old Ontario government, Expo 67, CBC, etc).

AoD

Last edited:
Nah, you will experience delays like a drain calling for Drano. Or a digestive tract calling for lax.

I wonder how many focus groups and meetings were conducted for this design. It definitely serves as a counterpoint to the golden age of Canadian graphic design (60s/early 70s - e.g. CN, old Ontario government, Expo 67, CBC, etc).

AoD

I like it. The CN, VIA and Expo 67 logos were great at the time but this more modern.

You could do what Pepsi did and have a design that inadvertently says SEX.

Probably hired the same design firm from the Ontario Cannabis Store.

OCS I can understand - you want a sh*tty logo to not draw attention. The three guys is a bathtub that is the Ontario government logo is criminal compared to the original masterpiece.

I like it. The CN, VIA and Expo 67 logos were great at the time but this more modern.

CN, VIA and Expo 67 is Modern. This is Post-Modern gibberish.

AoD

Subway to east moat access re-configuration is imminent. Saw new signs, doors within the glassed moat.
Also, among the various new permanent signs hung in the Via concourse, noticed a sign in the eastern hallway with the following: "BAY Concourse Hall" (obviously leading to a closed door for now).

Subway to east moat access re-configuration is imminent. Saw new signs, doors within the glassed moat.
Also, among the various new permanent signs hung in the Via concourse, noticed a sign in the eastern hallway with the following: "BAY Concourse Hall" (obviously leading to a closed door for now).

There are now signs for Scotiabank Arena as well.

There are now signs for Scotiabank Arena as well.
Thought they'd at least wait for the Raptors season to be over (that said not looking good as of right now...). New Union logo is pretty unique and plays nicely with the PATH branding we've been accustomed too. Can see how this will be used beyond just a logo (hoarding, signage, maps and the like).

Back