Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

How would opening the food court do much in diverting people? Unless they open a lot and have something like this:
View attachment 141828
Magenta route probably can work, but Lime route would require substantial completion of the Bay Concourse area.

Bay st promenade to front st promenade left into the red area and then up to the telus building entrance. The bay promenada is already there is the stairs people walk up when going through union

Bay st promenade to front st promenade left into the red area and then up to the telus building entrance. The bay promenada is already there is the stairs people walk up when going through union
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you describing a current movement pattern or proposing a new one? Promote people to take the green path instead of the blue one?
current simple lower.png

current simple upper.png

Attachments

• current simple lower.png
    current simple lower.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 667
  • current simple upper.png
    current simple upper.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
it wouldnt surprise me to see them open up the food court and then permanently close access to the via concourse.

I highly doubt they will permanently close access to the VIA concourse from the south end. If nothing else those doors are a makeshife fire exit. Without them there is really no way to exit at the south end.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you describing a current movement pattern or proposing a new one? Promote people to take the green path instead of the blue one?
View attachment 141835
View attachment 141836

The blue path shown in your upper image not the lower one , yes. That is the path i believe they will be promoting

Is it possible that access to the "Bay Concourse" will be completely closed off when the moat is completely covered and walkthroughable?
Anything is possible but it seems much more likely that (just as they have done for months) they will open and close different doors from the moat to the concourse while they install the new flooring and work on the finishing-off of the concourse. At some point (soon I think) they will have to close the west end of the Bay moat while they install the remaining section of glass and they also have more concrete work to do at that end.

Anything is possible but it seems much more likely that (just as they have done for months) they will open and close different doors from the moat to the concourse while they install the new flooring and work on the finishing-off of the concourse. At some point (soon I think) they will have to close the west end of the Bay moat while they install the remaining section of glass and they also have more concrete work to do at that end.
+ build a bridge within the East moat (level with the West moat, above the doors into Bay Concourse). They've already built the concrete supporting pillars for it.

+ build a bridge within the East moat (level with the West moat, above the doors into Bay Concourse). They've already built the concrete supporting pillars for it.
I'm a bit confused about this. I know there will be a bridge that connect the west side of the Front East Moat to the east side of the Front East Moat (Bay Moat), but is there actually a connection between the Front East Moat and the Front West Moat? Is the Front Centre Moat more of a tunnel than moat and has it been built yet?

I'm a bit confused about this. I know there will be a bridge that connect the west side of the Front East Moat to the east side of the Front East Moat (Bay Moat), but is there actually a connection between the Front East Moat and the Front West Moat? Is the Front Centre Moat more of a tunnel than moat and has it been built yet?
I'm confused by your question, but I'm referring to this bridge

upload_2018-5-1_14-44-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-1_14-44-32.png
    upload_2018-5-1_14-44-32.png
    617 KB · Views: 201
  • upload_2018-5-1_14-44-33.png
    upload_2018-5-1_14-44-33.png
    617 KB · Views: 541
I'm confused by your question, but I'm referring to this bridge

View attachment 142001
It may not have been appropriate to have quoted your post as my question was not completely related to just the Front East Moat. This render show a bridge "over" the moat connecting the two sides. Why I was asking is the connection between the Front WEST Moat and the Front EAST Moat.

It may not have been appropriate to have quoted your post as my question was not completely related to just the Front East Moat. This render show a bridge "over" the moat connecting the two sides. Why I was asking is the connection between the Front WEST Moat and the Front EAST Moat.
There has always been a passageway below the plaza in front of Union Station linking the east and west moats. Originally it was for people and vehicles, more recently for pedestrians only. At the moment only the furthest east portion of it is open and it leads from the Leather Shop by-pass area into the TTC station (at the ramp) and to the west stairs of the Bay moat. The public art celebrating the Walks and Gardens Trust will be erected inside this passageway. Look at post 4683 in this thread. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ty-of-toronto-norr.4308/page-326#post-1302154 There's a picture!

Back