Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

It's nice to see that BlogTO decided to make fun of this video. Also, at 0:36 it appears that some new buildings have sprouted overnight, because I have never seen them before. UPX is already doing its magic I suppose.

14544448610_30e9e75417_z.jpg

Lol that's downtown LA. Good one Metrolinx.

It's nice to see that BlogTO decided to make fun of this video. Also, at 0:36 it appears that some new buildings have sprouted overnight, because I have never seen them before. UPX is already doing its magic I suppose.

Hey I love living here and I'm very proud to call the 6 (ha ha) my city, but the video was too much!

Hot damn... UP Express just posted 2 new pics to their Twitter of the UP DMUs being tested in Rochelle, Illinois:

6kmGP.jpg

^ UP President Kathy Haley "drives" UP DMU

6n59j.jpg

Attachments

• 6kmGP.jpg
    6kmGP.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • 6n59j.jpg
    6n59j.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:
actually the colours in the photos look like its warmer than normal. I think in reality the colour is more in line with the metrolinx livery on the Go buses which look alright

On a side note, I recall reading that this particular train can be converted to pure electric. What does that entail other than dropping in electric motors and adding pantographs?

Last edited:
FYI on the westbound last night and eastbound this morning the GO Trains were using the new centre platform at Weston station.

Good God that video was bad, but so is the copy on the UP Express website. Some of my favourite excerpts:

"Here are a few details on one of the most ambitious – and important – transportation projects in the province’s history"
"...with a highest elevation of about 28m above ground, the trip will give visitors and residents a uniquely elevated view of Toronto Pearson and the city."
"Look Mom, a Sears outlet!"

"The Union Pearson Express is about more than transporting passengers swiftly and efficiently, or relieving traffic congestion and commuter headaches. It’s about who we are as a city and as a province."

Last edited:

Back