Toronto Toronto City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Perkins&Will

I am beginning to chuckle at this charade in an unexpected way. It's now obvious the construction firms have no intention of ever finishing this smallish project. No matter how much they earnestly, even sheepishly, they move around those green fences and slabs, they are very careful to start digging fresh holes. Until someone says "ENOUGH!!" don't expect any happy faces from the tourists.

Busloads of tourists show up to NPS every day. Bus after bus - all there to see our city hall. So yea, I would say that tourists care.

Believe it or not, despite this going at a snail's pace, it is on schedule. Both the stage and the rink appear to be set to open by October and November respectively -- just as planned. If anything, blame the incredibly unambitious timeline for the pace.

It's also important to note that significant work is going on underneath. This isn't just a project about the new elements, it's a complete repair and reviltalization of critical infrastructure. If it's any consolation, NPS will never get this messy again during this project. The stage and skating rink work are the last remaining elements within the square's inner perimeter. Before the end of the year, it'll be completely cleared of construction materials. Work will then proceed to the outer perimeter and the walkways, all of which have always been underutilized (with the exception of the Queen St. forecourt).

Believe it or not, despite this going at a snail's pace, it is on schedule. Both the stage and the rink appear to be set to open by October and November respectively -- just as planned. If anything, blame the incredibly unambitious timeline for the pace.

It's also important to note that significant work is going on underneath. This isn't just a project about the new elements, it's a complete repair and reviltalization of critical infrastructure. If it's any consolation, NPS will never get this messy again during this project. The stage and skating rink work are the last remaining elements within the square's inner perimeter. Before the end of the year, it'll be completely cleared of construction materials. Work will then proceed to the outer perimeter and the walkways, all of which have always been underutilized (with the exception of the Queen St. forecourt).

Are the two towers going to be power washed? Also, is there the possibility of the walkway perimeter to be clad in the same tile as the skate building?

Are the two towers going to be power washed? Also, is there the possibility of the walkway perimeter to be clad in the same tile as the skate building?

Here's a link with a good deal of information on the revitalization, I don't think the perimeter walkways are being changed except for some glass I believe. MetroMan may know about work on the towers.

http://www.toronto.ca/nps/revitalization/index.htm

Was there not supposed to be a restaurant/cafe included in this project?

The structure over by Osgoode Hall now has the word SNACKS at one end of the roof (and SKATES at the other), or is there some other kind of food service facility planned as well?

The structure over by Osgoode Hall now has the word SNACKS at one end of the roof (and SKATES at the other), or is there some other kind of food service facility planned as well?

What you're describing is the skate rental/snack bar. In addition to that, there's also a café/restaurant planned.

Does anyone have a picture of what this is supposed to look like when its completed? It's probably in this thread somewhere, but I would appreciate if it was reposted :)

Busloads of tourists show up to NPS every day. Bus after bus - all there to see our city hall. So yea, I would say that tourists care.

Is the bus tour group going to NPS because the tourists said that's where they want to go, or do the bus tour stop there because it is part of their route to stop there.

Back