Toronto Toronto City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Perkins&Will

Aside from the freedom arches getting a power washing, aren't the towers and council chamber supposed to get the same treatment? MetroMan, you mentioned that there might be a plan to cover the walls of the walkways with the same tiles that are on the skate building--when is this supposed to be decided and will the same treatment be used along the ramp and green roof perimeter?

I've never been convinced all this work exceeds a single townhouse in Markham. Either we're getting a good look at what city workers are capable of, or this whole things is just being thought out as they go.

If Ford wants to talk about cost, why not consider the lost opportunity of having 500,000 Chinese and Japanese tourists telling their friends back home to 'not bother'.

Silly question but are "city workers" doing the construction here ? i.e. its not just contracted out ?

If so the slowness is probably attributed to the way the contact is structured / or potentially they haven't tendered all the individual components ... implying its still city workers at fault but not the ones doing the construction

Silly question but are "city workers" doing the construction here ? i.e. its not just contracted out ?

If so the slowness is probably attributed to the way the contact is structured / or potentially they haven't tendered all the individual components ... implying its still city workers at fault but not the ones doing the construction
It's a contract - very few projects like this are handled directly by City staff.

cp24 just ended a segment with a pan out shot of kids playing in the new fountains (not the main fountain with the arches, more like water features). Anyways they were illuminated with multicolored lights. Really cool. Hope to see some photos

cp24 just ended a segment with a pan out shot of kids playing in the new fountains (not the main fountain with the arches, more like water features). Anyways they were illuminated with multicolored lights. Really cool. Hope to see some photos

I saw them when I left the office around 8. I haven't seen them on before.

2w20zk5.jpg

2rng5n5.jpg

145vz8.jpg

icquyp.jpg

I wish there were a couple more rows of them.

I think the ones of dundas also have lighting but its so much brighter in the square at night that its muted.

Is there no lighting planned for the revitalization within the square? It's so dark in there at night and it would be great to have some lights incorporated into the tiles to illuminate the square and make it more welcoming when the sun goes down.

Well, there's the answer to Rob Ford's "fountain question". Sure, it's more piddly than Edmonton's, but...

It's a contract - very few projects like this are handled directly by City staff.

Different areas or projects in NPS have different contractors, it's not one contractor doing all the work.

Is there no lighting planned for the revitalization within the square? It's so dark in there at night and it would be great to have some lights incorporated into the tiles to illuminate the square and make it more welcoming when the sun goes down.

There's enough lighting in the Square at night until it's turned off around midnight, then it's pretty dark in there. I cut through tonight coming from a film screening and the water features lit up was a really nice surprise, and they look really good. I must get into the habit of carrying around my camera more regularly again.
Thanks for the great photos defence5!

Back