Toronto The Whitfield | 130m | 39s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

I am going to have to move. I can't take four more years of construction noise.

I think we're in the same building - I haven't found the noise to be too bad on the western side. Fortunately st Lawrence seems to start early and finish early so most of the noise is done by 4. Either way, you own your unit so you can always cash in if you want to!

To be honest, if I wasn't working from home for the last 15 months, it wouldn't bother me at all, as it's usually done around 4 on the south side too. Except when they are using that power trowel after midnight!

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.25.37 PM.png

I knew it was more then six, because the alley was about that, but this is better than I thought. Looks like maybe 18 metres, which is probably more than I had in my last place.

Looks like they're planning to move swiftly here with construction expected to start in January 2022:

Menkes’ next mixed-use building in the area will be The Whitfield at the corner of Front and Sherbourne streets, within easy walking distance of St. Lawrence Market, the financial core and the waterfront. The 38-storey building will have 460 condo units and two floors of retail and office space.

Units will range from studios to three bedrooms to accommodate a range of tenants.

Giannone Petricone Associates is the architectural firm for The Whitfield, Figure3 is the interior designer and Janet Rosenberg & Studio is the landscape architect.

The Whitfield’s amenities will include a large outdoor terrace, programmed landscaping, a kids room, a party room, co-working space and a theatre.

Sales will launch early this fall. A January 2022 construction start is anticipated, with occupancy expected in mid-2025.

Toronto_TheWhitfield_Menkes400.jpg

Gorgeous looking building as seen in the photos up above ! This city definitely need more red tone facades. Would also look great on the waterfront!

Back