Toronto The Whitfield | 130m | 39s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

There's something especially satisfying about seeing car-oriented infrastructure disappear.
Soon enough, we'll be needing to put up signs like this one (which appears to be out in King Township or something):

iu

source

Soon enough, we'll be needing to put up signs like this one (which appears to be out in King Township or something):

iu

source

The topography is a bit different than I remember......

Lookin a bit parched too.

Doesn't surprise me they haven't got Metric yet though........ maybe next year when the internet is installed.

I remember King township looking more like this personally.. pretty sure they have a few gas stations around.. probably only sell premium though given the clientele in the area!

There's something especially satisfying about seeing car-oriented infrastructure disappear.
Was on the St.Lawerence community fb group there was a post about a lady being sad about this station being gone. Her having to drive up to richmond and jarvis instead was more of an inconvinence than providing housing for 400+ families.

Was on the St.Lawerence community fb group there was a post about a lady being sad about this station being gone. Her having to drive up to richmond and jarvis instead was more of an inconvinence than providing housing for 400+ families.
The one at Richmond and Jarvis is next on my wish list 😇. I live around there and it is my main view. Wouldn’t mind something more architecturally exciting.

When I have a rare car rental I prefer to visit the one at Richmond and Parliament, which is much easier to access after exiting the DVP. This Front/Sherbourne station was often hazardous to turn into and out of, especially when you are also keeping an eye out for bikes the bike lane.

As a pedestrian, I look forward to being able to walk past this corner now without having my head on a swivel for cars turning in/out at all angles. The construction site will ironically be safer.

Back