Toronto The Tower at King West | ?m | 26s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

1 August 2012:

20120801191653.jpg

I'm able to see this clunker from Davenport and Ossington. Too bad a building of such visible prominence is so horrendous.

That is actually Liberty on the Park.

propertyEXC4778_A.jpg

Liberty Place will indeed rise in front of this building when viewed from your vantage point in the west. Kinda like this (as viewed from the east, I know):

003elibertypark.jpg

c/o: Link
c/o:

This tower is massive, it sure must be taller than the 26s titled above
By the way, in the first pic i like the way the reno of that heritage building turned out....also nice fountain

Last edited:
Walking down the hill towards the Dufferin underpass from Parkdale you suddenly see all these dreary pos towers popping up jarring you out of your c.1910 Parkdale Victoriania. It's quite startling. Like flipping from old Toronto to SCC or MCC in an instant. Quite shameful what Toronto's developers have done here.

They may as well have just put up mcmansions or generic 1980s-style suburban homes.

That is actually Liberty on the Park.

propertyEXC4778_A.jpg

Liberty Place will indeed rise in front of this building when viewed from your vantage point in the west. Kinda like this (as viewed from the east, I know):

003elibertypark.jpg

c/o: Link
c/o:

Oh, so more poop will be built. Such a shameful display by these builders. Shameful.

Walking down the hill towards the Dufferin underpass from Parkdale you suddenly see all these dreary pos towers popping up jarring you out of your c.1910 Parkdale Victoriania. It's quite startling. Like flipping from old Toronto to SCC or MCC in an instant. Quite shameful what Toronto's developers have done here.

They may as well have just put up mcmansions or generic 1980s-style suburban homes.

It's true. The impact of these towers is not restricted to their immediate surroundings - it's the backdrop for entire neighbourhoods like Parkdale and Bellwoods which are having these buildings shoved down their noses from every vantage point, but even worse, these towers are demarcating the entrance to the city. Toronto is now being represented by some of the shoddiest architecture and planning seen since the days of Pruitt Igoe, gussied up slightly by painted faux-brick. What a disaster.

Last edited:
yep, you nailed it... not only the architecture that is beyond hideous but the planning as well. Clearly there is little to no thought about how these buildings work as a whole or integrate with the existing community and streets. It's a simple calculation of how many units can we cram into a given space.

It's buildings like this ^^ that are destroying the character of Liberty Village. The city should have demanded that all buildings be built in a loft warehouse style. This crazy mish-mash of styles adds nothing to the character of the neighbourhood. If they wanted to go modern, at least they should have built something stylish and unique. The whole layout of the area is so ordinary. There is not even the slightest effort to give us something interesting. Another lost opportunity, that was given to us on a platter and just squandered. It really pisses me off, when I think about it. Who the heck is running our planning department? (obviously NOBODY)

I agree that all the new buildings there are total trash, but they wouldn't be standing there if there weren't thousands of people willing to pay money for this garbage. It's mostly the fault of clueless consumers.

Yeah but in fairness, all the buyers saw, was a rendering, which probably looked a lot nicer than this thing. If those buyers were not UT members, they might not know how developers use deceptive, pretty renderings that look nothing like the finished product. Then again, it could be mostly investors who care little about what the building looks like, especially if they live half way around the world. It's pathetic what we allow in this city for the sake of a few bucks.

Last edited:

Back