Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

greenleaf:

I don't think it is tapered - it's something to do with perspective (i.e. taking a photo of something rectilinear from below). If you look at the shot of the actual notice with the small elevation, you'd see the building is more or less taper-free.

AoD

greenleaf:

I don't think it is tapered - it's something to do with perspective (i.e. taking a photo of something rectilinear from below). If you look at the shot of the actual notice with the small elevation, you'd see the building is more or less taper-free.

AoD

Agreed -- it's probably barrel distortion from a wide angle lens. Unfortunately.

1+(1).jpg

bookcase-wide-original-large.jpg

You may both be right but I'm going to go ahead and say that the design itself absolutely looks like it's tapering to me, even in the shot of the actual notice with the small elevation.

I don't see any tapering, just the effects of foreshortening. Why would the podium share the same degree of taper as the towers? They are surely taller than appears in that diagram as well. Remember the first image of 50 Bloor West taken from the billboard from below, you saw the same effect.

Whoaa that looks interesting, can't wait for a rendering! With good materials and colour scheme that could end up one of the few interesting buildings up there.

holy!!!!! ^
wow, considering this is gonna be taller than FS, we're gonna have a perfect stepping-stone effect leading up to the climax, 50 Bloor.

the design for some reason reminds me of a U condos on steroids. although judging by the renders, the things we have to worry about is the roof feature, and the podium.

*I also wish Cumberland terrace could be a little taller :(

Pretty nice render. The only problem is that the 237M north tower will almost certainly block out FS from the south. All these 200M+ giants in Yorkville are going to look awesome.

RC8:

Yorkville (as a neighbourhood) east of Bay is degraded to a point where it probably isn't very fruitful to be overly restrictive. If allowing additional density takes the pressure off the western part of the neighbourhood, so be it.

AoD

Pretty nice render. The only problem is that the 237M north tower will almost certainly block out FS from the south. All these 200M+ giants in Yorkville are going to look awesome.

not as much as you might think, cause they aren't demolishing the buildings touching Bay St, the site they have is pushed slightly away, whereas FS is touching Bay st. It overlaps slightly, but if you look at the site plans with FS, it doesn't block out too much (and yes, those were my worries as well! just imagine how pissed the owners of the most expensive penthouse in the city would feel!)

Back