Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

This project lies towards the tacky end, but if they use the right materials, it could end up okay.

I would need to see a proper render to be sure, but this looks promising to me at first glance.

Keep in mind that the posted image is quite foreshortened.

Last edited:
Almost 1200 units and less than 400 parking spots for residents? I can only imagine if this goes ahead how much parking will end up going for in the building.

Not really sure what you're getting at with your parking comment FB. Seems that fewer and fewer parking spots are selling in downtown buildings, and since this sits right on two subway lines, I can imagine that many residents here will do just fine without cars here. No doubt there will be several Zipcar and Autoshare spots.

In regards to the design, it's pretty early, but it strikes me as a cousin to One Bloor East, the organic lines being the shared genes. I like One Bloor's curvaceous balcony lines, but I have often thought it may look out of place as the only such tower in the area. These two could give it some company. We will wait and see I suppose.

Actually it reminded me of Ü instead . In any case, not enough details and need a non-distorted version to judge - but it probably won't be anything as "tasteful" as the "alimentary tract" condo even in the worst case

AoD

Well, then these are One Bloor and U's love children. (U did pop to mind for me too, but the lines on U are all straight, right? I should double-check that…).

No, I was wrong, AoD is right. Well, here's looking forward to renderings. We'll have a far better idea at that point whether this works or not. The podium does look bizarrely out of scale for the moment…

Is it just the perspective of the photo, or is that building tapering in as it goes up? I mean, is it shaped like the John Hancock Tower in Chicago, or a cowbell?

Is it just the perspective of the photo, or is that building tapering in as it goes up? I mean, is it shaped like the John Hancock Tower in Chicago, or a cowbell?

The image does not look smushed and it is definitely tapering. I think it would look better if it tapered a little bit more, actually.

I need to see more of the base and street level. It's not looking terribly promising there.

Back