Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Filip, over at SSC was kind enough to snap a picture when he was down there the other day. Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting it here.

There's definitely something going on with the Trump Tower. Looks like the total number of units will also be reduced by quite a bit.

57storeytrumplc1.jpg

I guess sales have stalled and they're itchin' to start buildin'. I wonder what the new design will look like. Pity... I was hoping that FCP would lose its title as tallest in Toronto.

Re: TrumpToronto

brookfield should make their tower a 1000 ftr now.

Re: Trump Toronto

This project has just had so many problems that this isn't that unexpected. I hope that the height of the tower isn't decreased by too much though, as it's in a prime spot downtown. What are the new ideas on the new height?

The ceilings are likely to stay at between 11 and 13 feet, so with 57 stories I'm going ot aim at the new height being 800' or so. Any other guesses?

The 70-floor design had its true rooftop, not counting roof elements, at just above the height of Scotia Plaza at 275m. That would give an average floor height of about 3.94m, which is typical of modern 'luxury' residential highrises.

If the height remained the same, but with 57 floors, the floor height becomes 4.84m, which is definitely at the top of the range, although it is seen in Dubai.

If the floor height remains 3.94m with 57 floors, the true rooftop becomes 225m -- losing 50m in height. If the rooftop elements remain the same, this gives a total height to the tip of the spire of about 275m, the same as Scotia Plaza.

It is also possible that the floor height will increase, but not enough to avoid a decrease in rooftop height.

My own guess would be that the rooftop height remains about the same, at 275m, but with a greater floor height.

Bill

if this one gets reduced, it will truly be a shame...as we lose our only supertall...

/excepting the tower, of course..

Why would they apply for a height increase and than ask for a height decrease, and why would they need permission to build lower, when developments that build less than is allowed never proceed through the city?

Either way if this is what is happening, than this project is trully a joke and shows that Trump's name means squat here.

The sign says 379 units; the final report outlines 225 hotel suites and 313 residential units, for a total of 538.

Is Trump losing 159 units?
Have they maxed out at 70% of inventory that can be sold?

^ Don't forget the building and units were reconfigured at least once since the report... Trump website says the split is 286 + 147 which would mean a total of 379 units is 54 units less than they advertise on their site.

I doubt the units can be built profitably as construction costs have risen since many of the deposits were made 5-6 years ago. Given that, would the developer be allowed to wind-down the deal and return deposits with interest? The site would be better for an office tower anyway.

Agreed but that would hardly be a "minor" variance.. n'est pas?

Sales to date were also being put down by people who were paying to live in a tower that's no longer being built: the tallest residential building in the country. To some people, that's prestige.

If they redesign the building, do they have to offer a chance to back out of deposits?

Now that it's just another uninspired concrete condo, and its namesake is better known for reality TV and misogyny (as anyone who heard the Rosie O'Donnell schtick will attest), I wonder if buyers will start rethinking.

I wonder if they're just asking for 57 now, and then they can tack on the other 13 storeys later. It might be easier to sell those final units once there's a crane in the sky.

Back