Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tru...(New_York)

Notes

Trump Tower WaterfallThe tower is known as the setting for the reality show The Apprentice because the contestants reside in a suite there during the contest; the famous "boardroom" is located there; and the building is featured during the show in several other ways including an occasional morning assignment meeting.

Donald Trump resides in the tower's triplex penthouse valued at $100 million.[citation needed]

Although the Trump Tower has 58 constructed floors, it is frequently marketed and cited as having 68 floors. This was a tool used by Trump to market the apartments as being on higher floors than they actually are (and thus commanding higher prices).

Re: TrumpToronto

It's a shame Toronto won't have a new tallest, but on a brighter note maybe they'll revise the design into something a little more interesting. I'd hate to see the same design stumped down 200-300ft.

Re: Trump Toronto

well, it looks like it's pretty likely that Trump is shrinking down to 57 floors...at least two forumers over at SSC called the sales office, and they confirmed. Also, no re-design, and they plan on starting construction in July....

Pretty disappointing. :(

No, it will still be about 275m to the tip of the spire, about 250m to the (official) roof, and about 225m to the (real) roof. RoCP I is only 154m, by comparison.

There is a doctored photo over at SSC, which simply squashes Trump down, and makes it look horrible -- not that it ever was that good-looking, in my opinion. But the reality, while disappointing, is not quite that bad. The developer is apparently going to keep the current design, minus the top 13 floors, so it should look something like this version with 57 floors:

Bill

So we're getting Trump the Stump after all.
Maybe we'll get Stump II: Trump the Stump (or is it Stump the Trump?).

I CALLED IT!!!! !

Forgive the lower post. Screwy Ezboard.

Re: Trump Toronto

275m is a stump??? Not even in Dubai.

I personally am not all that disappointed, since I was never that enthusiastic about this project in the first place. It's still one of the tallest buildings in Toronto, and in fact is now probably a better bridge between Scotia Plaza and FCP on one side, and BA on the other. This building, due to its location, would never have been prominant on the skyline to begin with.

Bill

^ Oh, you so didn't! Urbanboy and I hit on Stump Toronto on page freakin' two! Let's see some evidence of your ballyhooed claim!

I was the first to claim that I called it, so there! :p

I guess you called it too. But I can't remember all the way back to page 2.

RE: Trump Toronto

Is there a possibility that once when TT gets under construction that its height may increase if there is demand for units?

Yes Sir Novelty fashion and I lay claim to the label Trump Stump by right of first discovery. :)

It is too bad we are losing this tall tower. Funny I either thought it would get built or outright cancelled...I hadn't considered that Trump go for a shorter version. But actually didn't that happen to his Trump Tower in New York...it was supposed to the tallest in NYC for a while and then he had to build shorter?

So all those years of tuting the tallest building in Canada BS and here they are shorter than some of the other buildings in the city in terms of floor count and shorter than FCP and Scotia in terms of height. Basically I look at it as tricking people into thinking they had the financing to push sales with the security it was a done deal, while at the same time claiming it had the highest appartments. Then they lower the height claiming they couldn't get all the financing needed and had to go reduce the top floors. Therefore people pay a premium to go higher when really there never was any chance of it ever happening.

I'd want my money back if I bought the supposed "highest appartment" in Canada. Perhaps the slow sales were because people knew this was never going to happen at this height.

Re: Trumped Toronto

at that height, it kinda looks strange being next to such tall buildings. it must be the spire or something.

IMO it would look better somewhere else in the skyline now. harry must have a big grin on his face. this must have been rosie's fault. will trump say she sat on the scale model and now they have to build it that way? :b

Donald Trump clearly overestimated the size of Toronto's high-end real estate industry (and Canada's for that matter). There just aren't as many rich people in Canada to pick up these units, compared to most comparably-sized U.S. cities. He clearly didn't do his research, and blindly assumed that Toronto was just another U.S. city, when there is definitely a difference in income distribution here.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, at least we have less extremely poor people.

Back