Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: TRUMP announcement

well obviously he's putting the final touches on the press release, announcing the financing of the picture of the crane. hello?

okay, I think I'm done now with the trump funnies.

Will1538 give it a rest. Maybe he/she has a life and is not on this site everday.

Need comfirmation.

I got a report that trump is being chopped to 57 stories, any truth to this.?

Out of all the projects that have been announced and/or started TT is one of the biggest jokes around. This whole thing is laughable though I do admire his hypnotic magic that he obviously used on his employees like Trumptoronto.

This is nothing compared to the debacle they have down in Tampa. So it's not just us.

"I got a report that trump is being chopped to 57 stories, any truth to this.?"

A report from who? I wouldn't be surprised mind you.

Re: TRUMP announcement

There's apparently a sign on the Trump site about a reduction in floors and that it'll be going through Council later this month. I'm not sure why they'd need to go to Council just because it's shorter unless there's also been design modifications?

If anyone happens to walk by the site, perhaps they'll make notice of what the sign says.

- why would they need approval for a height decrease?

- why would they decrease the height when only 3 weeks ago (march23) they did the press release that financing for the full-height tower had been secured?

I'm not willing it to be true, but it's my bet. Stump Toronto!

Why spend money on something you can't sell, even if you got the financing?

Not to mention that the original poster said that the notice was for 110 Bay. When it was pointed out that this address was not that of Trump, which is 311 Bay, the original poster said, "Oops, I meant 311 Bay".

edit -- It is certainly possible that the building has undergone a complete redesign, involving fewer floors but greater total height (this is the only reason I can see where the developer would need to have the plans resubmitted to the City). I actually hope that this is the case, since I had never warmed to the 'current' design. Maybe the new design is actually, visibly, taller than FCP.

I never knew where I could see a circus in Toronto, until plans for 311 Bay St. were announced by Mr. Donald Trump.

I heard through the rumour mill that it has morphed into Trump Parking, at -4 storeys.

Back