Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: Four Seasons

Also keep in mind that Ritz has already started construction - how would they be able to secure financing for it? Numbers of public consumption is one thing, dealing with the banks is another entirely.

AoD

Re: Trump Toronto Alive and Kicking!

I've always assumed "trumptoronto" is just a moniker for someone with a cruelly limited fantasy life.

let us wait and see what this latest announcement entails. I'm pretty sure most of us speculated that there would be an annoucement of some sort this weekend to coincide with mr. trumps arrival for the convention.

it shouldn't really come as a huge surprise to anyone.

and yes, 250 million dollars worth of real estate sold is indeed an accomplishment. so let's hope for the best!

I believe that they have already announced that they are starting construction in July of this year. I wonder what this new announcement is.

^ Likely a splashy press conference with an official announcement by the 'Donald'.

p.s. numbers reported by Ritz in various industry publications are not b.s. - the general media is another story - all those numbers in the weekend condo living section of the star are rarely correct and usually refer to what was in other publication months before.

I flipped through a copy of the Daily Commercial News (the trade newspaper for Toronto's construction industry) the other day, and saw a Trump Toronto ad calling for construction professionals to cooperate with them to build the tower.

Was ther a Trump Toronto ad calling for Urban Toronto members to cooperate with them to build the tower? :p

I think the general sentiment is that Ritz came along and boom they are already under construction in a year or so. Four Seasons comes along and boom, apparantly they have sold a good chunk of units (Is this a rumour?). There are other countless projects like One Bedford, One St. Thomas etc. that sold a good chunk in a comparatively shorter time based on size. Then there is Trump which has had one stale announcement after another, and has been going for over 3 years. Hard to get excited about it now.

Let's build it ourselves.

Well, there's really only one thing we can do at a time like this. Buy some shovels and start building the tower ourself. In a decade or two we'll have that tower once and for all! However, the production of this tower may be a little shotty. Is anyone with me on this?

I'm confident the tower will be built. The worse I see happening is some sort of downsize, but I think we can expect to see this start before the year end.

A Few Facts

I'm not sure why I bother posting here sometimes... with the attacks I get. But I know there are a few of you out there who actually would like to know what's happening. I get defensive about the project because I believe in it. It's been an uphill battle with doubters, media and others from the get-go. It's been bizarre to face such negatism for a building in the heart of downtown--it's a good thing to be going up where it is at! We've overcome a lot. And to the naysayers... well... we'll see you when the building starts going up later this year :)

$250 million + sold = a little over 1/2 of total building sellout. It's an approx. $500-million building in total sellout. There are nearly 400 suites in total available for sale between the hotel and residences. Hotel condominiums are roughly 75% sold of available inventory (units). The residential is over 50% sold (unit wise)--though, I don't have the latest #'s. Many residential suites have not yet been offered for sale (which is normal to save them for a "post-construction" release... which is where the most profit is obviously made in the majority of projects).

Regarding comparisons to other projects, NONE of the other projects mentioned have as many units and dollar-value as Trump Toronto. The Ritz? The reason they are building it so soon, is that it was always planned as a hotel first... residences second. They would be going ahead with the building even with minimal residential sales. I certainly am not bad-mouthing them. It's a great project/building for the city. As we always thought, we have similar but different buyers at each property... so we are in competition with each other, but not as direct as you might think.

Unlike any other projects mentioned, Trump Toronto is selling hotel condominiums in addition to residential condominiums. So, it's hard to make an apples for apples comparison with current projects.

One St. Thomas launched before Trump and is drastically smaller. One Bedford, much smaller as well.

All in all, despite a few bumps in the road along the way, we're thrilled to be where we are.

Regarding the ad in DCN and OCN? That was an invitation to the trades to submit their info to the pre-construction management firm if they are intrested in being a part of the project. Nothing more.

Trumptoronto

Hey Trump,

Thanks for that enlightenment. Is the announcement next week a good announcement, or a not-so-good one? Give us some hints. I believe in this project.

hey trumptoronto....thx for your input...it is much appreciated...question....has the hotel tax issue that has created such problems over at 1 King W been addressed at your project?

I know many people here and elsewhere will be very happy when the hoarding goes up...

Re: A Few Facts

I'm not sure why I bother posting here sometimes... with the attacks I get.

Don't be so dramatic. Most people here welcome the project.

Back