News   Jul 12, 2024
 914     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 816     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

No, flush to the ground.

TTC NEEDS to built platflorms at the same level of the new cars, but until TTC gets a prototype, it a guess game.
Not a good excuse. Melbourne has tram stations which provide level boarding for many different brands of low-floor LRV.

No, flush to the ground.

TTC NEEDS to built platflorms at the same level of the new cars, but until TTC gets a prototype, it a guess game.

By having the same level as the car for the platform, you don't have to worry about a ramp for the accessiblity people. Same for strollers.

As for the 20th, no typo as Dufferin Construction is about 2 weeks behind schedule. They were suposed to be finish at the end of May and today is the 11th.

The platforms are curb height, not flush. One still needs to step up from the curb however. Apparentley the new streetcars may have sliding doors instead of the current folding doors. That maybe why they need some sort of clearance.

There will be no Streetcar service to Gunns Loop as plan for June 20 and maybe not for July 5, the backup date.

They finally decided about the hydro vault that was in the way as you left the loop and it has to move 2 feet from where it is now. I forgot about this and it has taken 6 weeks to come up with this move that I knew would happen from Day One. Manhole cover was under one of the rail on the curve.

TTC decided that the curb for the bus bay was in the wrong position and in the way for buses making a right hand turn out of the loop. Therefore the curb is been relocated to TTC requirement at extra cost to the contractor as well delay. It also means moving some of the existing sidewalk within the bus bay as well the street sidewalk. Who was sleeping at TTC when this plan was design and approve??

Now, based on where the new curb is going, there is a street pole in the way and are they going to leave it or move it?? If they have to move it, forget July service. Overhead support will have to be redone all over again for this area let alone moving that pole and footing.

Because of the G20, no pay duty officers can be had at this time to deal with the paving of Keele Intersection until July. The ROW is been used for Westbound traffic from Old Weston Rd to Gunns Rd today so the lanes can be pave. Eastbound is to take place on Friday and Sat. I never checked Old Weston Rd Intersection to see if it was paved on Tuesday.

There is still a lot of landscaping to done yet as well adding the sidewalk light poles.

No shelter work has taken place yet and they have to be in place before service starts.

The contractor is making extra $$ profit with these change orders, delays and is laughing all the way to the bank. What is an extra few $10,000+ change orders to this project considering it over budget now!

Meanwhile the underpass between Keele and Old Weston Road crumbles, now reduced to one lane in each direction without any plan to rebuild it. What happens when a car breaks down or city crews need to do some maintenance work on the road or removing underpass graffiti? A slow and messy situation results. It also seems dangerous for cyclists.

Meanwhile the underpass between Keele and Old Weston Road crumbles, now reduced to one lane in each direction without any plan to rebuild it. What happens when a car breaks down or city crews need to do some maintenance work on the road or removing underpass graffiti? A slow and messy situation results. It also seems dangerous for cyclists.

It is dangerous for cyclists. Other underpasses in the area, like the one south of St. Clair on Keele, have 2 lanes for traffic, so cyclists can take the curb lane all to themselves until they get through instead of sharing the lane so that they're in between a car and an unforgiving wall. Here, you have to commit to take the single lane of traffic early, staying fast enough that you don't hold up impatient cars, trucks and buses behind you.

Oh, and a special added bonus this weekend: they're finally paving the final stretch of eastbound lane, but in interrupted patches for no clear reason that I can see. Going east from Keele, you have a stretch of nice pavement, then a drop of about an inch to cordoroyed surface just before the underpass itself -- not terrific, but workable -- and then a TWO INCH ledge onto more new blacktop after you start going uphill from the underpass. I ride a tank of a mountain bike that can take almost anything, but that ledge -- unmarked, unsigned -- was a big surprise, given how all the other surface transitions are about an inch. I caught some serious air but stayed upright, but somebody less experienced on a flimsier bike may come to grief.

Is this connected to the work on the West Toronto Diamond and will this bridge/road be upgraded during or after this project? (See : http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/improve/wtd.aspx )

We took a look at the loop today and it still no ready or close to it. The other person who was seeing the loop for the first time in person only could shake his head in disbelief.

Talked to a City personal and they confirmed that the pole is going to be move about 2m to the west once the new pole shows up. TTC will have to do some restring of the supporting wires. You can see how the pole will interfere with the 71 now with the new sidewalk curb is in place without doing a wide turn to get out of the loop and going into the #1 lane, instead of #2.

There was next to no one working on the site at 2.30pm.

Keele intersection is pave, but not striped. Same goes for most of the rest of the lanes and intersections.

Shelter work taking place at Old Weston Rd considering traffic was using the ROW.

From the looks of things from afar, part of the north side sidewalk east of Keele intersection was be rebuilt again.

Temporary traffic poles have been removed from Keele intersection as well Gunns Loop.

Concrete has been poured where the relocated vault is now between the rails at Gunns Loop.

10 days to July 5th date and will it operation day then?

I hope all the LRTistas are taking full stock of all the mishaps, delays and cost escalations occuring on this St Clair LRT rebuild. Living proof that the TTC should probably get out of the light-rail business.

Agreed. This project would likely have suffered zero cost overruns and delays if the initial budget was ten times larger and involved tunnelling under the ground.

And imagine if instead of building a right of way with rails through it they had just let buses run down it. It would have been ridiculously cheap and we would have all been given free ice cream at the end probably.

I hope all the LRTistas are taking full stock of all the mishaps, delays and cost escalations occuring on this St Clair LRT rebuild. Living proof that the TTC should probably get out of the light-rail business.

Every once in a while I like to click on the view post link in your posts, and without fail I am treated to yet another amusingly stupid post. Although for the sake of my own intelligence I avoid doing it more than occasionally.

^ um, hello, I'm injecting wry humour into my posts on purpose. It's all apart of my online persona, not how I act IRL.

To all people taking my posts too literally, chill out.

I would buy a mod a case of beer if he/she moves all of Fresh Start's ports into one thread for all to see. Just for s*its and giggles.!

Back