News   Jul 12, 2024
 904     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 809     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

^ um, hello, I'm injecting wry humour into my posts on purpose. It's all apart of my online persona, not how I act IRL.

To all people taking my posts too literally, chill out.
I'm pretty sure this is a part of real life, so this is part of your persona. Just because you might be hypocritical between parts of your life, doesn't doesn't mean your not hypocritical. Act how you want to be treated, or else don't complain if you're not treated that way.

You're an idiot, enough said.

What's idiotic about what I said? Your Transit City prototype line has ran greater than 100% overbudget and after five years is still not complete yet! Not to mention destroying 89 local businesses in the process. Am I lying when I say this?

If you and Justin cannot take constructive criticism without resorting to name-calling and taunts, DO NOT reference me in your posts.

Your Transit City prototype line has ran greater than 100% overbudget and after five years is still not complete yet! Not to mention destroying 89 local businesses in the process. Am I lying when I say this?

St Clair is a "Transit City prototype line"? Who said that?

When you complain about it being "100% over budget", are you accounting for all the problems from utilities that had nothing to do with the TTC, for the delays caused by local attempts at legal injunctions or by the city throwing in unrelated streetscape upgrades?

As for "destroying 89 local businesses", this is out of how many and over what time period? How does that rate compare to the rest of the city or for St Clair in the years prior to construction? How do you factor in newer businesses which have opened, many of a higher scale than those previously?

What's idiotic about what I said? Your Transit City prototype line has ran greater than 100% overbudget and after five years is still not complete yet! Not to mention destroying 89 local businesses in the process. Am I lying when I say this?

If you and Justin cannot take constructive criticism without resorting to name-calling and taunts, DO NOT reference me in your posts.

Take my name out this post. Why you deem to include me in this, I have no idea. I do not need to resort to name-calling, considering many members on this board already have a low opinion of you.

Last edited:
What's idiotic about what I said? Your Transit City prototype line...

St Clair ROW was never a Transit City prototype so stop trying to tie the two together. We will use the St Clair ROW as a learning experience for Transit City but to say what happened on St Clair will definitely happen on Sheppard East is silly

I'm just simply calling you out on your BS.

What's idiotic about what I said? Your Transit City prototype line has ran greater than 100% overbudget and after five years is still not complete yet!
So does that mean Eglinton or Bay is the prototype for your BRT system? If not, beings that you maybe don't want to repeat the same mistakes, it's disengenous to apply the same standard. St. Clair is a FUBAR streetcar line. Even Steve Munro doesn't really like it. At least one thing that's different this time is that Metrolinx not the TTC is in charge. I think that alone will make a huge difference in keeping to budget and being proactive about community concerns.

St Clair ROW was never a Transit City prototype so stop trying to tie the two together. We will use the St Clair ROW as a learning experience for Transit City but to say what happened on St Clair will definitely happen on Sheppard East is silly
What??? If St. Clair has nothing to do with Transit City, how can it be a learning experience for TC? You're tying them together by saying that.

At least one thing that's different this time is that Metrolinx not the TTC is in charge. I think that alone will make a huge difference in keeping to budget and being proactive about community concerns.
Metrolinx is only a few years old. What evidence is there that it would necessarily do a better job than the TTC?

I am new to this site and would like to know what the scheduled date is now for the go live of the St.CLair LRT all the way to Gunns Road ?

Thanks.

What certain people are losing sight of again and again - or misrepresenting - is that St. Clair was not a "let's build an LRT" project. The entire street was falling apart and needed to be rebuilt, the road and the sidewalks included, not just the tracks. The city decided that this was a good opportunity to restore the ROW that had existed prior to the 30s. A lot of extra work was thrown in along the way that had nothing to do with the streetcars, leading to the delays and spiralling costs. How much more did putting the tracks in a separate ROW cost than it would have to rebuild the street without the separation? Not much. Peanuts.

Yes, the implementation of the plan was a mess, but it's a mess about the administration of renewal projects, not a mess about Transit City. To keep saying otherwise is to keep telling lies in order to support a certain viewpoint about LRT or the TTC.

^^ The fact that the street looks beautiful and is more vibrant than it ever has been before is also another plus. You guys should go up there, St. Clair works very well.

Back