Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

are we allowed to bring dogs on the beach? even just for a few minutes?

I've taken my dog to Sugar Beach, no one said anything and I didn't see any "no dog" signs. There's an off-leash area at Cherry Beach for dogs at the far west end of the beach, there may be an area down at the Beach too. The boardwalk sure is popular with not only people, but dogs. Then there's Hanlan's Point, I've been taking my dogs swimming at the north end of the beach for decades but after the clothing optional beach was established at the south end the north end wasn't cleaned or maintained so I then chose Cherry Beach instead. It could be different now, I wrote Pam McConnell several letters (and sent pictures) but no one from her office ever responded.

Only long enough for them to pee and shit :->

Exactly!!! no.. im joking... i was just wondering because i passed by today and i was wondering beforehand if i was able to "try it out" while i was near the area... by the way i decided not to bring the dog... :) he's annoying anyway XP

I've taken my dog to Sugar Beach, no one said anything and I didn't see any "no dog" signs. There's an off-leash area at Cherry Beach for dogs at the far west end of the beach, there may be an area down at the Beach too. The boardwalk sure is popular with not only people, but dogs. Then there's Hanlan's Point, I've been taking my dogs swimming at the north end of the beach for decades but after the clothing optional beach was established at the south end the north end wasn't cleaned or maintained so I then chose Cherry Beach instead. It could be different now, I wrote Pam McConnell several letters (and sent pictures) but no one from her office ever responded.

thanks! as i said above ^ i didnt end up bringing the dog anyway becasue of the other activities throught the day and his annoyance. thanks though :)

I personally thought this whole area is very professional and really... just awsome...i love this! although the vandalism (tag) on the cool bench left me hating the colour purple for a while... anyway, excellent!! :)

Was at Sherbourne Common today. Both SC and Sugar Beach (and the patio restaurant) were fairly busy - Sugar Beach uncomfortably so. The grass on SC is brown and needs watering, and there is still no snack bar in the Teeple pod. Otherwise, both are fun, and it's a great place to look at the skyline.

Last edited:
The one thing I have to comment on is the scale of this project. The park looks nice and interesting but the renderings just made this park look colossal in size. It's actually a modest size park.

The one thing I have to comment on is the scale of this project. The park looks nice and interesting but the renderings just made this park look colossal in size. It's actually a modest size park.
I completely agree -- the renders were very deceptive.

From this weekend:

513n.jpg

515vg.jpg

516r.jpg

517am.jpg

008wx.jpg

Not the clearest of days..

All photos by me.

Has anyone been to HtO Park lately? I dropped by the other night and noticed that many of the chairs are missing, and the City seems to be spending less on its upkeep. I really hope this won't happen to Sugar Beach and Sherbourne Common.

are we allowed to bring dogs on the beach? even just for a few minutes?

O/T for just a sec., there was a commercial - yes a commercial - during the last break of The Cobert Report on CTV tonight advertising the dog area at Cherry Beach!

Was at Sherbourne Common today. Both SC and Sugar Beach (and the patio restaurant) were fairly busy - Sugar Beach uncomfortably so. The grass on SC is brown and needs watering, and there is still no snack bar in the Teeple pod. Otherwise, both are fun, and it's a great place to look at the skyline.
I noticed the grass too when I was there Sunday. Hopefully they don't let it die...

Back