Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

I checked out Sherbourne Common North yesterday late afternoon and there was a young guy taking pictures, maybe he was from BlogTO?

There was still some fencing, including one fence going all around one of the swings (why?), but it looked open. There were some construction staff around and they seemed to be ok with me walking in the park. I really liked the urban river, the "waterfalls" were cool, and the waterplants too. Lets just hope the grass next to Queen's Quay gets watered...

Does anyone know if there will be some sort of pedestrian crossing between the two parks in the future?

Does anyone know if there will be some sort of pedestrian crossing between the two parks in the future?

As recommended in the Queen's Quay East Transit EA, when QQ East is redone there will be traffic lights here but there WILL be some sort of intrerim solution according to Councillor McConnell's office. This may require Council approval and as they are 'on vacation' until September it may not occur before late fall. Crossing QQ is very dangerous and I hope there are no accidents until it gets sorted out - it seems odd that Watefront Toronto and/or the City gave no thought to it earlier!

Thanks for the link, Tulse.
20110714-NSC-7.jpg
(from http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/07/north_side_of_sherbourne_common_park_opens/)

River of gravy! Delicious, delicious river of gravy.

The north portion of the park officially opens on July 26th.

Love the photos, and the park is pretty cool. However, those fountains could be super talls couldn't they? It's a wasted opportunity. I'm thinking 80s (at least??) could have gone here. just my .02

I LOVE the park! The Southern section was my fave (as I was only expecting those cool 1970's diving-tower fountains). IDK, they shoulda called it "Stade Olympique Park" as it reminds me of said stadium.

The park is great! The baron fields/construction sites are not. Once this fills in w/ condos/People, and the park doesn't seem like such a mission away, it will be awesome!

Note: You can't really tell from the photos, but that water is flowing FAST! It's a nice place to sink your feet into.. for now!

Last edited:
Best small park in Toronto ...

I wish they were doing NPS

Love the photos, and the park is pretty cool. However, those fountains could be super talls couldn't they? It's a wasted opportunity. I'm thinking 80s (at least??) could have gone here. just my .02

I think the real wasted opportunity is that you've gone this long without being on my ignore list. Just my .02.

I think I'll go check out the grand opening. It looks awesome.

See u there, I'm having my bike fixed on Monday over on Parliament Street so I'll slide down from there. I can't wait to see this!

Love the photos, and <snip> my .02

Congratulations Lansdown, your the first person to be on my /ignore list since I joined UT so many years ago. Your like a little gnat that won't go away, annoying and useless.

Last edited:
Sherbourne Common South is great. The water features of Sherbourne Common North are great as well. I don't understand what the playground is about in Sherbourne Common North. Maybe it should have came with a manual, although the parts of the park that have a manual such as the no wading signs on the treated storm water river aren't read anyways.

I think I'll go check out the grand opening. It looks awesome.

But, wont Rob Ford be there??? :s

Sherbourne Common South is great. The water features of Sherbourne Common North are great as well. I don't understand what the playground is about in Sherbourne Common North. Maybe it should have came with a manual, although the parts of the park that have a manual such as the no wading signs on the treated storm water river aren't read anyways.

Ya, the 'playground' if you wanna call it that is quite awkward. I was showing the pics to my friends, and they're like "Does that ball move along the metal beam? I don't get it!?"
ONE Swing! LOL
I really like the spinny-disc thing seen in the foreground of this pic here:

4d77ff8e.jpg

My fave park w/ regards to playgrounds is the one behind the 519 on Church. They have these perpetual-motion things that just don't stop spinning once you've started! It's crazy, yet fun.

My fave park w/ regards to playgrounds is the one behind the 519 on Church. They have these perpetual-motion things that just don't stop spinning once you've started! It's crazy, yet fun.

Early last week I took my dog for our usual late night walk around 2 am'ish. It was a warm, humid night & we were cutting along Monteith Street (north edge of Cawthra Park) and I saw a group of people playing in the waterworks there, drunk out of their gourds. I stopped for a minute and watched them through the fence and wondered how the hell they got the water turned on, but they were having a good time and it all seemed harmless enough.

Glad to see our thick-headed ignoramus of a mayor didn't have the nerve to show up at the Sherbourne Commons opening ceremonies. Or maybe he didn't even know about it. Or was at the cottage. Or was stuffing his face with Mccheeses.

An embarrassing sidenote for Torontonians today, in the Tim Hortons vs Libraries debate it was revealed that Doug Ford has no idea who Margaret Atwood is.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ford-atwood.html?ref=rss&cmp=AFC-I78V04166919

Back