Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

There's a rather large sign being constructed on Front at the bottom of the ramp that leads to the John Street bridge. I'm assuming this is a new sign for the CN Tower/Ripleys.

The contractor fencing says Graham - who are doing the work at the CN Tower Pavilion

352m51x.jpg

Same sign this morning

hvnthl.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Looks like that main lobby will be really inviting with the high ceilings.

This is the kind of entrance building the tower itself always needed.

I wish the tower's base had been more comprehensively and grandly designed since that re-do in the '90's. It seems now like a bit of a lost opportunity.

A plaza where the aquarium is now would have been great, with everything else tucked between the skydome and tracks.
Or, given a configuration like what we've got, an entryway to both the aquarium and the tower through an Aquarium / Bremner Street Building would have been good.

I'd have also liked to see the base de-cluttered and the reflecting pool restored, but that looks rather the impossibility now. We've lost the little promenade of trees from Bremner that worked as an approach. I hope the new retail helps out in terms of accessibility, climate control and some kind of notable entry.

At least there is the nearby Roundhouse Park to get a clear, uninterrupted view of the tower from.

Last edited:
Some pics of the base of the Pavillion this morning

206jxwi.jpg

332ulwy.jpg

213jald.jpg

^^^
Looks like they are using the observation deck height at 346 meters vs. the skypod at 446.5 meters. Its annoying when they can't get this stuff right!!

Pictures taken Jan 30. Several shots of the new entrance.

SDC12774.jpg
SDC12775.jpg
SDC12779.jpg

Attachments

• SDC12774.jpg
    SDC12774.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 446
  • SDC12775.jpg
    SDC12775.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 410
  • SDC12779.jpg
    SDC12779.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 442
What's going in the middle of the circle paving ?

I think it would have been nicer with darker flooring.

I tried to reach someone in the Project Office already - anyone know when Season Passes are going on sale?

Back