Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

for me it went wrong when you brought seafood into the picture. blechh. As for Ripleys, I'm sure it will be an entertaining attraction, but to charge more than the CN Tower would be bad for business without a doubt

is it odd to say that i wish this thing were a bit taller? (or maybe massive is a better word). Part of it might just be because it is right next to the CN tower that it looks so flat, but are more imposing looking building might make it more of a landmark/recognizable structure.

This building doesn't seem that big. If it takes about an hour to go through this aquarium, the price better be a lot less than 40 dollars. The quality and size of the attraction are both important. Look what happened to "Olympic Spirit". It was over priced and you could go through it in less than an hour. The quality of the museum was pretty bad, so no surprise that it went out of business pretty fast.

Today:

V1q46.jpg

jWJnF.jpg

Idzqo.jpg

I wonder if they'll be able to determine how much the aquarium's attendance will boost attendance to the CN Tower and vice versa. I always thought that the CN Tower (like most towers) was a bit of an unsatisfying experience. Once you see the view, there's not much else to do aside from attend a Jays game. Now a family will be able to really make an afternoon out of going to the tower, aquarium and perhaps the rail museum.

I'm excited for this aquarium and can't wait for it to be finished but thought it would be lost at this location but you make a good point Ramako. I drive to Blue Jays games and with parking being so expensive, a trip to the aquarium after would make paying for parking a little more reasonable. I too just hope that it's not over priced.

I think tourist attractions in the city should have a residential price. People who live in the city should get a discount.

Isn't there a green-roof requirement for new projects in the city now? How did the aquarium avoid it?

White roofs do not override the bylaw. The reason why the aquarium got exempted is because they are worried about falling ice from the CN tower.

Back