Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

I stumbled upon a very interesting piece on the making of one of the final renderings. It is very in depth and really gives you an idea of what it takes to produce a presentation quality render.

That is quite interesting, I didn't realize digital images like this required so much time. Why would one want to digitally alter everything to make it look like a painting however, why not just make a real painting..?

That is quite interesting, I didn't realize digital images like this required so much time. Why would one want to digitally alter everything to make it look like a painting however, why not just make a real painting..?

Definitely time-consuming. I can easily speed 150+ hours on a (single) condo rendering if CAD files aren't supplied. Though additional renders take less time once the 3D model and assets are already done.

Definitely time-consuming. I can easily speed 150+ hours on a (single) condo rendering if CAD files aren't supplied. Though additional renders take less time once the 3D model and assets are already done.

Agreed, working with a 3D file or photo eases the process greatly. Often lighting directions become more obvious and the overall perspective is dealt with, often, for me at least, the most frustrating and time consuming.

Back